RE: Lethality of MG 42 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem

tigercub -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (3/20/2011 7:30:57 AM)

on u tube look at this video more in depth info on the MG42.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5MAg5feoUQ&feature=related

Tigercub

STIENER -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/7/2011 9:15:57 AM)

Oddball....steve is not aware that the LMG ammo load needs to change as we all agreed too in this post. perhaps you can give him a heads up please?

thanks

RD Oddball -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/7/2011 1:22:06 PM)

I just looked through this thread and don't see where I agreed we'd make any changes to the MG42 ammo. If I missed it please re-post the entire post and I'll clarify for you what I'd said. I see I'd asked for more feedback on the changes to MG42 lethality and agreed with some points about MG42 lethality/non-lethality but outside of that I don't recall agreeing further changes, from the initial changes, needed to be made. If I did and I've missed it, I'll be glad to make it right. I suspect that something I've said was taken out of context or I wasn't being clear. Please let me know and I'll be glad to clarify for you.

STIENER -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/7/2011 8:09:46 PM)

Hi Oddball........i see a back pedal coming ....if this isnt you saying that you agree we should make a change i dont know what is. you wont get any more players contributing to this thread [ and didnt ] or any of the other threads. the ones that post ..us few are the only ones who are trying to improve the game. there arnt many players playing LSA out there, thus no one posts.
AND its about ammo loads for the LMG.

i wrote

quote:

i agree with Mooxe.....there are numerous 1st hand accounts of just what Mooxe is saying.......weapons and ammo loads in real WW2 life isnt what the manual says. the more ammo,grenades and MG's your squad , platoon or Company had the better. from the accounts i have read about market garden from the german point of view, i would say 450 rds is a bit low for the 3 man LMG squad.
the germans did at times have an ammo problem, but as the campaign progressed the germans got more of everything. FM Model gave the 9ss and 10ss direct access to his HQ for supply and reinforcment requests. they got what they wanted when they wanted it.

i would say the poorer quality troops in LSA should have 450 rds in there LMG squads and the better quality troops like the SS and Fallshirmjager should have 750 to 1000. that would be a good compromise IMHO.

Tejszd wrote
Good comprise recommendation Stiener that would makes sense historically too....

and then here you are Oddball........ Yep thanks for the suggestion Stiener, good idea.

those are posts 28,29 and 30 of this thread.

RD Oddball -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/8/2011 2:06:40 PM)

No backpedaling. I don't see any promise that it would get changed. I'm pretty careful about promising such things as there are many folks interests to take into account, not just one. Lots of good ideas are posted all the time and I regularly acknowledge them as such and thank folks for taking the time to offer them for consideration.

STIENER -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/9/2011 8:32:41 AM)

so...is it being considered seriously or what?

RD Oddball -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/9/2011 3:15:23 PM)

I sent you a PM saying basically the same thing as I'm saying here. We'll give it a look and consider it but that's NOT a guarantee or representation of any kind that anything will be changed on MG42 ammo. IF... IF any changes are deemed in order they definitely will not be in this release as the production process for this release is to far along to consider any new changes for it.

Xxzard -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/21/2011 7:45:49 PM)

I recently played through the old CC2 campaign, and there are a few points from it that seem relevant. Since I just reinstalled it on a new system, it was totally stock again.

-Mg42 3 man teams have 1250 rounds. They still run out of ammo quickly, but their lethality on open maps is extreme. Troops caught in the open or with only light cover within 90m of the mg are typically wiped out. With 1250 rounds, a single well placed team can determine the course of the battle. In buildings I haven't noticed quite the level of damage to a squad in cover that has been discussed here. At medium range, the squad being fired on often suffers one or two casualties, but the mg42 team cannot imo afford to waste ammunition in that manner.

-Rifles are mostly only useful for suppressing fire, as mentioned here. In decent cover at 80m, units can sit and wait until the rifle team firing at them runs out of ammo.

-Hand to hand combat and grenade usage is extremely important, and is necessary in almost every map. This presented some problems in the old game because the grenade and hand to hand combat models were a bit wonky. Grenades often killed whole squads, or missed entirely. Melee combat was always a bit mystifying, I had a 4 man reserve team annihilated by a single wounded bazooka man in hand to hand combat.

These characteristics greatly affect the way the campaign plays out and how one must play the battles to achieve the strategic objectives. As the Germans, a very well placed mg42 could dominate the entire map. On the other hand, the typically larger number of men in Allied squads gave them an edge in close combat, so if you could get close enough to the German unit, you could usually overwhelm it in a direct attack.

So from experience with the old game, it seems clear that any change to the Mg42 squad or its ammunition count will cause some pretty large shifts in game balance. Of course, I was personally pretty happy with how the old game was, even with its odd quirks, but I am quite looking forward to this game!

RD Oddball -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/22/2011 1:17:24 AM)

Thanks for the feedback Xxard.

Chunnetter -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/29/2011 7:55:10 AM)

I find MG42 as lethal as it should be. It was the best MG of the II WW [:D]

What I think should be tweaked, are the single shot weapons like rifles. I THINK with the new way the hits are being calculated, rifles are fairly too weak - I use them mostly for surpessing enemy units.

tigercub -> RE: Lethality of MG 42 (6/29/2011 9:45:05 AM)

Rifles are too weak and pistols...only had to play a few battles of LSA to see it.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI