JAPAN Aid (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Oliver Heindorf -> JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 5:32:38 PM)

Totally OT, sorry Matrix, but :

Lets make a thread posting / response if you helped the ppl by sending money to aid Japanese ppl.

I'll start.

please all help. thank you !

wworld7 -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 6:16:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

Totally OT, sorry Matrix, but :

Lets make a thread posting / response if you have sent money to aid Japan.

I'll start.

please all help. thank you !

Post if you want, but when I give to a cause, I avoid and don't want any sense of recognition or thanks.

Terminus -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 6:36:47 PM)

Same here. Seems like a thread with the single purpose of self-aggrandisement.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 6:49:00 PM)

@ Flipper : Sorry, it was just meant to help the people and I felt the need to do something. Maybe others want to join. Where is the problem with that ?

@ Termi : These words from you..., well anyone could said that but you, I just LMAO. The local resident response/spam machine here....imho you done enough self-aggrandisement the last few years here.

Knavery -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 6:51:02 PM)

Whatever... To each his own. Some people feel the need to get recognition for their charity efforts, so good for you for helping out. While I feel the thread to be a little strange just to say you've given, I'm not going to act all old and crotchety and say you don't deserve recognition.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 7:22:31 PM)

errm, I am not here to get any recognition. I dont care about recognition by myself. We have other forum members here for that job.

This post was meant to help the poor people only. If anyone have problems even with that, fine by me and not my problem. And yes, I dont care about their personnally problems.

I care about the childrens who have lost their homes now.

To make it clear : recognition is needed to the victims. It was just an announcement shouting 'help'

thank you

Perturabo -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 8:25:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Same here. Seems like a thread with the single purpose of self-aggrandisement.

How do you know it? Maybe it's meant to encourage others?

Terminus -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 9:41:09 PM)

The people who are prepared to give money to this will do it anyway, without this thread.

Oh, and the original poster can sit on it and rotate (to quote George Costanza).

Perturabo -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/14/2011 10:34:09 PM)

quote:

The people who are prepared to give money to this will do it anyway, without this thread.

How do you know?

GaryChildress -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/15/2011 12:53:36 PM)

I just gave $100 to the American Red Cross specifically directed toward the Japanese Earthquake victims. What a good boy am I!! [:'(]

rickier65 -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/15/2011 5:05:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf
.....I care about the childrens who have lost their homes now.

To make it clear : recognition is needed to the victims. It was just an announcement shouting 'help'

thanks Oliver -- anything that helps support aid to Japan seems worthwhile to me.

thanks
rick

sven -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/16/2011 9:47:08 PM)

quote:

Oh, and the original poster can sit on it and rotate (to quote George Costanza).

Glad to see MatrixGames forum thread quality control is on the case.

You are aware the latter portion of your post is in all likelihood inappropo yes?

sven -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/16/2011 9:48:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

How do you know?

It has to do with omniscience and omnipotence.

Think of Santa Claus' spy network attached to Puck.

bairdlander2 -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 1:53:43 AM)

I find it interesting how news footage shows the Japanese people calmly lining up for food,water etc yet other countries when they have earthquakes its a mass riot of shoving and pushing  women and children and the elderly out of the way to get a bottle of water.

Erik Rutins -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 3:16:28 PM)

Japan does need our help. I cannot believe what they are going through now and I keep them all in my prayers. Please keep this thread non-political.

What I'd like to see posted here is suggestions on where to donate, if anyone has good info on the organizations that are doing the best work over there that will immediately benefit the people who are currently lacking shelter and possible low on food, clothing and medicine.

We also have customers in Japan. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. If you have any advice from a local perspective, please post it.

Regards,

- Erik

sterckxe -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 3:52:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
What I'd like to see posted here is suggestions on where to donate, if anyone has good info on the organizations that are doing the best work over there that will immediately benefit the people who are currently lacking shelter and possible low on food, clothing and medicine.

I work for a Japanese car manufacturer (Mazda) and the information we're getting here from HQ is that the main organization that's "on the frontline" so to speak is the Red Cross

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Anguille -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 4:02:12 PM)

As far as i know, Japan prefers if we support local organisations. I don't have ideas which one. Here in Switzerland, they are collecting funds which will be given to japanese organisations...this a unusual procedure here but it seems to be the way Japan wants it.

Cheers

sven -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 5:19:52 PM)

quote:

Japan does need our help. I cannot believe what they are going through now and I keep them all in my prayers. Please keep this thread non-political.

We also have customers in Japan. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. If you have any advice from a local perspective, please post it.

Regards,

- Erik

so just to be clear Erik Terminus' offering in post 8 "sit on it and rotate" and such is what we're looking for in this thread and from shadow "staff"?

LarryP -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 6:52:22 PM)

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

Here is a safe and honest place to donate to Japan's need Samaritan's Purse

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 6:56:09 PM)

We (my company and the emplyees) sent money to the japanese red cross http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/

or americans can sent / help under www.redcross.org

Josh -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/17/2011 7:34:09 PM)

Not directly topic related, but wanted to share anyway.

The Fukushima Fifty: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367125/Japan-tsunami-Fukushima-Fifty-suicide-mission-battle-nuclear-meltdown.html

Heroes in my book. [&o]

GaryChildress -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/18/2011 2:30:32 AM)

Sadly they will probably be forgotten as individuals except by their families. But as a group they have no doubt immortalized themselves. There is no greater heroism possible than what they are doing. [&o]

Let us pray that they succeed! Dear God, let not their sacrifices be in vain! [sm=innocent0001.gif]

Mac67 -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/18/2011 9:36:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

so just to be clear Erik Terminus' offering in post 8 "sit on it and rotate" and such is what we're looking for in this thread and from shadow "staff"?

Looks that way dosn't it? A case of double standards here I think.

Oh well if thats the case then Terminus can suck my fat one (to quote Will Wheaton).

Greybriar -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/19/2011 7:07:29 PM)

quote:

....What I'd like to see posted here is suggestions on where to donate, if anyone has good info on the organizations that are doing the best work over there that will immediately benefit the people who are currently lacking shelter and possible low on food, clothing and medicine....

According to The Christian Science Monitor:

• CARE: To support CARE, call 1-800-521-CARE or donate online at care.org.

• International Medical Corps: To donate, go to the Corps' website (internationalmedicalcorps.org) or call 1-800-481-4462.

• The Japanese Red Cross: You can donate to these projects via the American Red Cross by giving online at redcross.org or by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. To give a $10 gift through your cell phone, text "RedCross" to 90999.

Another The Christian Science Monitor article gives additional information.

rhondabrwn -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/20/2011 2:53:48 AM)

Pinon Accelerated Middle School is raising funds to be sent to

http://www.shelterboxusa.org

So far we've raised over $100. Shelterbox sends boxes with a family sized tent, blankets, cooking gear etc to people who have lost their homes. CNN just did a feature on the founder as part of their "Heroes" series. I think the video is still available online.

Erik Rutins -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/21/2011 4:25:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac67
quote:

Looks that way dosn't it? A case of double standards here I think.
Oh well if thats the case then Terminus can suck my fat one (to quote Will Wheaton).

Terminus is not staff. I don't appreciate any of the comments like this, including his original one but I was hoping that taking the high road would get this thread back on course. Now give it a rest.

Regards,

- Erk

sven -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/21/2011 4:37:21 PM)

You might empty your PM box Erik.

I am gonna relent and not air this too openly...

the lack of calling out the person who constantly flouts the rules was noted.

wulfir -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/21/2011 6:18:12 PM)

Well done, Oliver! [8D]

I'm gonna donate just because of this thread, maybe especially because some folks had to poor taste to rain on this particular parade - none mentioned, none forgotten - [:-]

Anthropoid -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/21/2011 11:54:50 PM)

I feel like I should start a thread for those of us who have not sent money, but have been sending good vibrations.

V22 Osprey -> RE: JAPAN Aid (3/22/2011 12:19:59 AM)

While my heart goes out to the Japanese and their families, I still fail to see how a wealthy highly developed country like Japan deserves my money. This is JAPAN, NOT Haiti where most of the population is living in poverty and there is no way they could recover on their own.

Seems kind of cold, but come on let's be real.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI