Generals: Replacements and when (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

MilRevKo -> Generals: Replacements and when (3/14/2011 11:06:54 PM)

Are there any suggestions on whom to place in control of the high command, AGN, AGC and AGS?

I know that Kesselring is and option but as the Germans in a PBEM game I was just wondering what other players do...

thx

Aussiematto -> RE: Generals: Replacements and when (3/15/2011 1:48:57 AM)

The problem with changing leaders is the AP cost. I use APs a fair bit to attach support units on turn 1 (eg the motorised divisions get pioneers, flak and either stugs or flamm pz) since you know they will be running ahead of hqs often. Then in turns 2-3 AP points often get used to reorganise things - eg corps to other armies plus more support units.

Normally I look at about turn 6-8 for a key infantry corps which is about to go into a major assault and check its leader - if weak, they get replaced. Ditto for a panzer corps.

I am probably too operationally focused however - could well be that a single brilliant commander in charge of 1 army (probably not AG) can do a whole lot more damage.

Garth Vader -> RE: Generals: Replacements and when (3/15/2011 4:52:08 PM)

I thought pioneers were used when assaulting a city or heavy forts. Why put them on motorized divs?

MilRevKo -> RE: Generals: Replacements and when (3/17/2011 12:49:39 AM)

THX, I have been trying to figure out how the replacment of AGN's leader with kesselring will benitfit the Germans in the long run...

Aussiematto -> RE: Generals: Replacements and when (3/17/2011 1:33:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Garth Vader

I thought pioneers were used when assaulting a city or heavy forts. Why put them on motorized divs?

Depends on the situation -- in the early turns, one way to maximise the longrange strike power of the armoured forces is to beef up a mot. div. with a stug or flamm panzer, a flak battalion or panzerjager, and a pioneer, and then you have a multipurpose mobile infantry division which can be used to take out small blocking units safely with hasty attack. Sometimes, you will encounter a low CV unit which needs to be moved to free a path for panzers well into the enemy rear and the mot.div, supported, can do it reliably.

Of course, you are right in most other situations - pioneers should be used with infantry for big assaults. Remember, too, pioneers help in crossing rivers (AFAIK).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI