Aircraft Replacement Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

NorthStar -> Aircraft Replacement Problem (9/18/2002 11:22:53 PM)

I've done a forum search and didn't turn up anything, so I'm hoping someone can help with this.

In my "Operation MO" scenario, I lost both starting carriers. Two squadrons of SBDs (with 1 and 5 planes left) and one squadron of F4F-3s (with 19 planes) diverted to PM. After 4-5 days, none of the squadrons have received replacement planes, even though I have about 40 SBDs and 10 F4F-3s in the replacement pool.

Am I being impatient, or is something wrong here?

The only thing I see is that all three squadrons are sub-units (1/VB-3, for example) and the parent unit has been destroyed. I'm wondering if this is possibly interfering with the replacement routine. If so, is there a fix for it? I could really use those two SBD squadrons at something approaching full strength.

Any input or experiances with this would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

bilbow -> (9/19/2002 8:03:47 AM)

I've seen this too. What happens is the original squadrons turn up as re-inforcements in 60 or 90 days, then these fragments re-join. In the meantime, you've got some fairly useless fragments.

Hey it's better than having the fragments loiter around forever!

Bill

NorthStar -> (9/19/2002 11:10:42 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bilbow
[B]SNIP . . . In the meantime, you've got some fairly useless fragments.

Hey it's better than having the fragments loiter around forever!

Bill [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, except in this case, its only a three month scenario!

So, for all intents and purposes, those two squadrons are gone for good. :mad:

Ah well, it wound't be any fun if it was easy, would it.:rolleyes:

DoomedMantis -> (9/21/2002 3:10:54 PM)

If the whole squadron is lost, do they turn up as reinforcements later as well?

NorthStar -> (9/23/2002 11:22:43 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DoomedMantis
[B]If the whole squadron is lost, do they turn up as reinforcements later as well? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. I checked the Aircraft Reinforcement lists after reading the above posts, and not only are the squadrons which left remnents on there, so are the ones that were completely lost with their ship.

They're listed as due in 135 days, a couple weeks after they were lost.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI