HELP! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

Infanteer -> HELP! (4/1/2011 1:47:52 AM)

Ok, I was fooling around with the command window and now, OKH has pretty much all 297 support units available. Most of my Corps and Armies have a couple construction battalions each.

What do I do to have the support units distributed to the Corps? The manual isn't that clear.

Mynok -> RE: HELP! (4/1/2011 2:28:10 AM)

Open up the OKH detail window, click on a support unit and then click on its current HQ (OKH) in the upper right of the detail screen. It will give you a list of HQs to transfer it to.

Alternatively, you can let the AI move them around by setting a support level on your subordinate HQs. The AI will move them around during your logistics phase, i.e. at the beginning of your next turn.

Infanteer -> RE: HELP! (4/1/2011 3:12:22 AM)

Okay, I've went back to my last turn where distribution was "normal" (All Corps generally had their mix of support). My support level has been 3 and has always been 3.

However, this was the turn where I turned the support to "0" while I was fooling around - I can only assume this is why everything migrated to OKH.

So, I set everything back to 3 - however, the next turn, everything still migrates to OKH, leaving the Corps with only construction and pioneer units.

Any idea what may be going on here?

Mynok -> RE: HELP! (4/1/2011 4:48:08 AM)

What were your army HQ's set at? AI moves things down the chain of command.

carnifex -> RE: HELP! (4/1/2011 1:01:23 PM)

I would manually assign the support units to Corps HQ. It does cost 1 admin point per unit but gives you the exact mix you want. Remember the more support units an HQ has the less chance the good ones will get called in a battle. You don't want machine gun support for units that should have heavy artillery for that Leningrad assault.

Personally I use the automated system to suck up SUs to higher HQs then manually assign them.

Remember that once you start manually assigning support units, set those HQs to LOCKED so they don't mess up your allocations on their own.

Infanteer -> RE: HELP! (4/2/2011 12:10:07 AM)

I ensured that all the Armies were also set to 3 but OKH still insists on sucking all support except construction/pioneer assets back when I click next turn. Is this a glitch?

I would manually redistribute if I had:

1. the time to actually plan and sort out 300 sub-units; and

2. the time in the game - it takes a turn to send them to an army and another turn to get them to a Corps, eating up precious summer offensive time to deal with some error.

This has basically frozen my game as I can't finish my offensive with all artillery sitting in Minsk....

Infanteer -> RE: HELP! (4/2/2011 7:12:32 PM)

Ok, I figured it out - three turns prior is when I had hit the "0" on support, so for those three turns units started migrating back to OKH. For some reason, putting it back to "3" took a few turns. I just went back a few turns and had to redo my awesome 50 unit pocket (which wasn't so bad).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI