Hull down? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tonto -> Hull down? (12/22/2000 3:11:00 PM)

I'm pretty sure about this but the manual says you are hull down if you 'aren't stationary' and in the following locations. I'm assuming this is meant to be ARE stationary. This also creates the question.. if you move into a Rough hex, are you considered hull down in the next enemies turn or does it become active when after his turn is done and it's back to you. Thanks T.

Paul Vebber -> (12/22/2000 10:18:00 PM)

You are considered hull down if you start the turn with "speed = 0 mph" and in the correct conditions.

AmmoSgt -> (12/23/2000 12:55:00 AM)

I was confused by this too ..at first..but this came up in an earlier post and the explaination there was pretty good .. the "if you are not stationary" is correct in that it means that you must be mobile to find cover in a hex...if you are imobilized you can't move to cover and therefore can't get hull down so... if you can move..but don't move ..then you are eligible for hull down status since if there was cover present .. based on your units experience thats where it would park itself hope this helps ..

Paul Lakowski -> (12/23/2000 1:53:00 AM)

Strictly speaking , you should be able to find a hull down position in virtually every hex, In SB when you hit 'E' it only takes a few seconds [maybe 5-10 seconds max] for the driver to find a hull down relative to the threat.

Dave_R -> (12/23/2000 2:16:00 AM)

I've noticed in ver 4.5 that units that even have an advance stance will now 'dig in' / 'go hull down' automatically. On the whole it's a nice touch and makes sence! The only problem I've noted with it is that imobilised vehicles get the 'hull down' status too! But I can live with it (grins) In the world of SPW@W I guess tank crews are expected to jump out and gran any rocks and rubble that they can find and pile them around their imobilised tank!

eric.swallie -> (12/23/2000 2:36:00 AM)

Is there a definitive list somewhere, that tells us the exactt bonus, or atleast a relative bonus, for all the different terrain types? ------------------ Eric Swallie www.wargameruins.com eric@wargameruins.com

Paul Vebber -> (12/23/2000 3:41:00 AM)

For Paul L, you can, but it takes some time. The way this works is if you are in "defend" stance you will check each turn as a function of experience to determine if you "find cover" in the hex. IF you have a hoigh experience it usually takes only a turn, and engineers near by are assumed to have "the lay of the land" and will make finding cover faster. Once you "find cover" then from then on, as long as you don't move, you will be "hull down" to fire coming from your front facing. The advancing units digging in is because the patch rest your prefs to the default of "Command and control off" with command and control off their are no "stances" and any unit that does not move tries to dig in. With C2 on, you have to put the units in defend stance for them to find cover, other wise they are still trying to enter the next hex, (just unable to do so because of suppression). There is a terain effects chart comes up with the "I" key and is in the manual that lists the movement costs and relative defense value of the different terrain. For a vehicle that is hull down the size is x 0.25, hull hits are automatic bounces and there is a 10% chance that any hit at that point automatically fails to penetrate.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI