Improving gameplay realism (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

sillyflower -> Improving gameplay realism (4/4/2011 8:05:20 AM)

This is understandably the most argued-about topic of all, with strong debate over tactics, supply rules etc etc. Interesting and worthy I have no doubt, but not getting the problems fixed.

The answer is in fact simples. Bring in more roleplay.

1st summer -Russian player has to do moves when drunk and tired.
1st Blizzard - German has to play when sitting in a freezer wearing only summer clothes

This will simulate Soviet command and control weaknesses, and Hitler's winter no retreat order because German player won't be able to control the mouse properly due to shivering so will be reluctanct to move front line units or do anything other than end the turn as quickly as possible.

No doubt others can add to the list but I would caution against being over-zealous. I don't want players copying Hitler's late war chemical dependency.

56ajax -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/4/2011 8:15:49 AM)

can i be the Russian?....I'm very good at tired and emotional.....furthermore I seem to understand how to speak the language after a few vodkas...

Josh -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/4/2011 8:37:17 AM)

1st summer -Russian player has to do moves when drunk and tired. play russian roullette with your comrades

1st Blizzard - German has to play when sitting in a freezer wearing only summer clothes put your boots in a bucket of freezing water

Wow, that sounds like so much more fun! LOL

cristianwj -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/4/2011 9:10:52 AM)

There is a Comrade stand behind you, with a pistol aim to your head. if you retreat too much, you will be get shot!
This is another good idea :p

Aussiematto -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/4/2011 9:26:34 AM)

Funniest thread yet on realism

Outstandingly silly, sillyflower :)

(note, given that it's April here in Australia and where I am we are STILL getting 30 degree + days I am actually quite happy to out feet in icebucket)

sillyflower -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/4/2011 7:20:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

1st summer -Russian player has to do moves when drunk and tired. play russian roullette with your comrades

This presupposes that gamers have friends with whom to play

LiquidSky -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/5/2011 5:39:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cristianwj

There is a Comrade stand behind you, with a pistol aim to your head. if you retreat too much, you will be get shot!

Or have your mother-in-law behind you with a wooden spoon...she can wack you in the head when you move something the wrong way.

Altaris -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/5/2011 6:43:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cristianwj

Oooh, I like that one! Would help trim down the Comrade Robinsky syndrome!

Rebel Yell -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/7/2011 6:17:17 PM)

In Soviet Russia, realism plays you!

Angelo -> RE: Improving gameplay realism (4/7/2011 7:09:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

This is understandably the most argued-about topic of all, with strong debate over tactics, supply rules etc etc. Interesting and worthy I have no doubt, but not getting the problems fixed.

The answer is in fact simples. Bring in more roleplay.

1st summer -Russian player has to do moves when drunk and tired.
1st Blizzard - German has to play when sitting in a freezer wearing only summer clothes

This will simulate Soviet command and control weaknesses, and Hitler's winter no retreat order because German player won't be able to control the mouse properly due to shivering so will be reluctanct to move front line units or do anything other than end the turn as quickly as possible.

No doubt others can add to the list but I would caution against being over-zealous. I don't want players copying Hitler's late war chemical dependency.

LOL too funny,

I would take advantage of the system and unplug the freezer first but then get drunk and play like a Russian...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI