Auto Sub Ops (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

CaptDave -> Auto Sub Ops (4/4/2011 7:18:53 PM)

Is there any way to turn off Auto Sub Ops? Neither my PBEM opponent nor I want it, but didn't notice it was turned on until several turns into the game (I didn't think about it when I noticed all my active subs on computer control, but when they started new patrols all by themselves I realized what was happening!).

Seems kind of strange that this is a neither-or-both situation anyway and can't be changed mid-game. Such is the case, though, and we'd both like to see it turned off. Is this possible, either for us or for a developer to tweak something in a save?

topeverest -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (4/5/2011 2:30:37 AM)

I believe this is only set at beginning of game.

CaptDave -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (4/5/2011 7:50:53 PM)

That's my fear, too. I'm getting tired of subs setting sail on their own without any orders!

Don Bowen -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (4/5/2011 9:09:53 PM)

Many of these options are frozen for PBEM to prevent one player from switching them on or off. Doing so would change the sequence of the turn processing and be quite a cheat.

sh0nyu -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (1/19/2020 1:48:32 PM)

Same problem here - during the last 8 years was there a solution? :D

btd64 -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (1/19/2020 1:56:17 PM)

You have to make sure that you are checking ALL of your settings before you start a game. Auto Sub Ops has to be turned off manually....GP

Alfred -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (1/22/2020 1:44:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sh0nyu

Same problem here - during the last 8 years was there a solution? :D

There was no "solution", nor would there ever be one, as this is a deliberate game design decision.

Alfred

BillBrown -> RE: Auto Sub Ops (1/22/2020 3:53:56 PM)

BTW, even though it is a bit of a pain to play with Auto Sub Ops on, it is not the end of the world.
Just get into the habit of looking each turn. Open the all Convoy screen, select sup ops, then click on
the control heading. that will sort them and scroll to the top and bottom to see if t here are any
under computer control. Note that once a sub is on a human controlled mission, the computer will not
take it over.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI