Mine device numbers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Bradley7735 -> Mine device numbers (4/9/2011 6:24:14 PM)

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the device numbers are for the mines that are placed at the first turn ports?

I play vs the AI, and I'm tired of the IJN losing 20 ships to the mines at Bataan, once it falls. I want to change the effect of the mines located at HK, Singers, Bataan, Manila, etc to 0, and then create new devices that ships will use, if they happen to use the same mines that start the game at ports.

Thanks for any information you can give.

bc

Don Bowen -> RE: Mine device numbers (4/9/2011 6:56:12 PM)

Japanese = T4.
US or Philippine Base = Mk6.
British, Australian, New Zealand, Indian, Commonwealth, Canadian = Mk XVII ****
Dutch = VH2 ***
All Others = Mk6.

*** for scenarios that start after 1942, Dutch use Mk XVII.

Bradley7735 -> RE: Mine device numbers (4/9/2011 7:24:09 PM)

Thanks a million, Don. [&o][&o]

Can you please tell me what mines are used by aircraft? Or tell me how to look at the editor to determine what mines are dopped by aircraft?

USSAmerica -> RE: Mine device numbers (4/13/2011 7:59:03 PM)

I hope Bradley doesn't mind me piggy backing on his thread, but I have a related mine question.  For the stock scenarios is there a list anywhere of which platforms use a given mine device type?  I know I can go from ship/sub class to mine device type, but I have some mines in my pools that I don't know how to make use of.  Thanks!

JWE -> RE: Mine device numbers (4/13/2011 8:11:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
I hope Bradley doesn't mind me piggy backing on his thread, but I have a related mine question.  For the stock scenarios is there a list anywhere of which platforms use a given mine device type?  I know I can go from ship/sub class to mine device type, but I have some mines in my pools that I don't know how to make use of.  Thanks!

Bit of a witch, Mike, because there are lots of ships that are capable of carrying mines as "special" mines; ships that don't normally carry mines, but are able to technically have a minelaying mission, and have a "mine" device in the special weapon slot #9, with special numeric values in the ammo and armor fields.

To say nothing about all the subs, on both sides, that can preferrentially load certain mines in their torpedo tubes. And they are all different. Every nation loads different types, and at different times in the war.

Can you say woof !!!

Tijanski -> RE: Mine device numbers (4/13/2011 8:27:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Bit of a witch, Mike, because there are lots of ships that are capable of carrying mines as "special" mines; ships that don't normally carry mines, but are able to technically have a minelaying mission, and have a "mine" device in the special weapon slot #9, with special numeric values in the ammo and armor fields.

To say nothing about all the subs, on both sides, that can preferrentially load certain mines in their torpedo tubes. And they are all different. Every nation loads different types, and at different times in the war.

Can you say woof !!!

so what does this say about mine productions and what is in the pools?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI