Japanese Amphibious bonus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

foliveti -> Japanese Amphibious bonus (4/11/2011 12:45:29 AM)

Is there any way to adjust this bonus? I am finding that if you have a good Japanese opponent it provides way to much of an advantage. My understanding is that it is a cheat to allow the Japanese player to replicate the historic conquests in the Philippines, DEI and Southeast Asia. What I am seeing is the Japanese player landing multiple divisions wherever he wants. I don't mind the way it reduces disruption on landing, but I think it is crazy to allow this many divisions to land with xakl ships.

Have others been using house rules or anything to limit the bonus?

topeverest -> RE: Japanese Amphibious bonus (4/11/2011 12:52:11 AM)

nope, I dont limit the empire player in any meaningful way when i (usually) play allies.

You will get your turn later - in spades. Just store up that animosity and return the favor when the tables turn. In the lion's share of grand campaign games the allies live to rule the day. I would not be overly concerned that the empire puts a hurting on the allies in the first year way beyond historical.

mjk428 -> RE: Japanese Amphibious bonus (4/11/2011 4:52:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

I would not be overly concerned that the empire puts a hurting on the allies in the first year way beyond historical.

Which begs the question: Why are people that feel this way playing historical simulations? It screws things up for those that are concerned when things go "way beyond" historical. There are scenarios designed specifically to give the real life losers a helping hand. Scenario 1 should strive for historical results.

PaxMondo -> RE: Japanese Amphibious bonus (4/11/2011 6:18:52 AM)

I think Nemo once expressed the opinion that he likes IJ over expanding ... makes it easier to crack.  IRL, that was a consideration that many players overlook to their eventual dismay.  It's not a problem, its a strategy to bend to your advantage.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI