RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Ande -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/17/2011 5:17:40 PM)

I noticed the feature to save down events as textfiles. I think it would be nice if the reverse was possible, to interpret written scripts. I know this is a significantly more complex operation and it would require quite a bit of syntaxchecking but I really prefer writing code and consult reference pages when I need to over clicking a lot and selecting from unending lists.

Stardog -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/21/2011 1:12:42 PM)

Paratroopers

In the future could there be upgrades for Paratroops? Just a thought....

SD

Casus_Belli -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/21/2011 3:02:36 PM)

So my votes, for what they're worth, go to (in no particular order):

Sound sliders for both effects and music + more feedback sounds (but with an option to turn off nerve-jangling battle sounds)
Remember Random Game settings
Unit templates and optional automatic replacement as discussed elsewhere - would save a million clicks and make organisation much easier [&o].
Mouse wheel zoom (More levels of zoom) & lists
"next city" or "next HQ (at this command level)" buttons somewhere appropriate: saves hunting through OOB or on map [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif].
Different icons for level 2 resources, etc. Does building a road to a raw/oil deposit do anything useful? It should. Also different road and rail networks with significantly different capabilities.
Are there factory upgrades? That'd be cool.
More control over random game generator.
NATO counters option [sm=00000939.gif]& more realistic pictures.
Better highlighting plus a way to select and move all units in a stack, or at least several at a time - would save clicks.
Leaders [sm=Cool-049.gif]
Direct button for production overview and from there to highlighted city centred on map (already being done).
Do not disable End Turn warning! It has saved me many times.
A dog who thinks I'm Napoleon. Mine doesn't [:(].

With all this discussion, and someone who actually listens to it, this fabulous game [sm=cool0013.gif]can only get better! For Vic: [sm=00001746.gif]

Casus_Belli -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/21/2011 3:09:18 PM)

I also reckon it would be great if you could give orders through HQs, at least line HQs. So you click the HQ and there's an option to order all units attached to this HQ to (if possible) move to or attack a particular hex, embark on cargoships, do a strategic transfer, set supply levels or other orders I can't think of at the moment (draw replacements?).

This would also save a lot of tedium and make you feel more like a high-level commander. I have no idea whether it would be easy or hard to code, but would be a good enhancement, I reckon.
My two cents...

Strategiusz -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/21/2011 3:44:26 PM)

For my own use I lowered tone of startturn.wav with audacity.

Jafele -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/22/2011 9:36:00 PM)

It would be interesting to barter resources with other players, buy units and resources (supply points, raw, oil). Being realistic, this kind of commerce should be done by cargoships (needing to move to destiny just like another ship). In this way submarines could be more active.

What about the market? Diplomacy can be an important fact to alter the value of things. All these ideas could be included in the game in an easy way.

Just imagine this... For sure the game would become extremely amazing and complete. War is not just a matter of attacking and defending with rifles.

Cheers

henri51 -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/22/2011 11:34:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sweed

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

1. I'd like to see the ATG random game setup allow me to pick my "people" or regime, whatever you call it.  Also the opposing forces' regimes.

Came in here to post this suggestion. Guess I'll just second it.

This is already possible if you press edit and save the scenario before beginning to play as described in another thread.Anotehr thread also describes how to change the nation names.

Another thing I would like is to have the option of captured cities being able to produce units, perhaps after a delay of 4-10 moves to change their culture.

Henri

springer -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/25/2011 2:24:39 AM)

Wishlist item: Home territory cities should be top of screen during production.  In default mode, there are only a handful of cities that can produce the people who carry on the basic war duties.  These cities should be at the top of the screen regardless of HQ they feed. Similarly, there should be an option to order cities by category (factory vs. occupied(PP producing) regions).  The current system's ordering appears relatively arbitrary.

In terms of critique:
I bought the ATG to support Vic's ongoing process of updates.  I think ATG is great, particularly in terms of mod-ability, and I want to support Vic's fantastic, ongoing project (which is supplemented by a great community).  I also love the move toward resources and oil (though I feel myself building WWI armies now, with just a rapier of armor striking power. But I like it!). However, I think that the AI is only interim.  As per Vic's comments elsewhere, I think that the best AI programming will not require advantages such as a 25% move modifier or a slight production advantage.  (Also, I disagree about the human-to-human vs. human-to-AI emphasis, I think your best colleagues in making AT better play each other, but I'm wiling to bet that the majority of us, like me, enjoy the flexibility of human vs. AI (e.g., I play a quick game when I can squeeze in a spare couple of hours after work).  I like the ATG and will support it in my limited capacity, but I am looking forward toward the third iteration where the AI is somewhat stronger and needs no cheats.  (The "no cheats for AI" is a gold standard for me, though it may not be fully obtainable.  I recognize that in a game as flexible as this, such a standard may be a chimera.)

edsan -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/25/2011 2:11:34 PM)

Tons of good ideas. Adding to the list for Vic's consideration...for those of us that want the option to not get "too deep," please make major ideas/areas "selectable." i.e. I would LOVE to be able to turn off Oil and Resources in ATG (is there a way through the editor....someone PLEASE advise if there is?).

Also, please post how to disable the "AI cheats" one by one. Be very specific on each for non-editor/newbies like me. Thanks.

As mentioned, having additional AI selectibility would be great. AI--, AI-, AI, AI+, AI++.

Maybe have a master "dumb player" switch that disables all the deeper complexities for simple play, many mentioned above that might be incorporated. :-) "....'ya gotta ask for the order"

Jeffrey H. -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/25/2011 8:32:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Madlok

For my own use I lowered tone of startturn.wav with audacity.

Bing ! I have audacity. I never thought about playing with the sound files with it. Now I'm going to look into it. That freaking end of turn snare drum and the divebomber sirens are not going to keep on bothering me.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/25/2011 8:35:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: springer

Wishlist item: Home territory cities should be top of screen during production.  In default mode, there are only a handful of cities that can produce the people who carry on the basic war duties.  These cities should be at the top of the screen regardless of HQ they feed. Similarly, there should be an option to order cities by category (factory vs. occupied(PP producing) regions).  The current system's ordering appears relatively arbitrary.

In terms of critique:
I bought the ATG to support Vic's ongoing process of updates.  I think ATG is great, particularly in terms of mod-ability, and I want to support Vic's fantastic, ongoing project (which is supplemented by a great community).  I also love the move toward resources and oil (though I feel myself building WWI armies now, with just a rapier of armor striking power. But I like it!). However, I think that the AI is only interim.  As per Vic's comments elsewhere, I think that the best AI programming will not require advantages such as a 25% move modifier or a slight production advantage.  (Also, I disagree about the human-to-human vs. human-to-human emphasis, I think your best colleagues in making AT better play each other, but I'm wiling to bet that the majority of us, like me, enjoy the flexibility of human vs. AI (e.g., I play a quick game when I can squeeze in a spare couple of hours after work).  I like the ATG and will support it in my limited capacity, but I am looking forward toward the third iteration where the AI is somewhat stronger and needs no cheats.  (The "no cheats for AI" is a gold standard for me, though it may not be fully obtainable.  I recognize that in a game as flexible as this, such a standard may be a chimera.)

+1 for AI enhancement.

henri51 -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/25/2011 9:20:47 PM)

I coudn't agree more. I doubt that most players play human vs human, and personally I never do. that the game is designed for human vs human play is a lame excuse for a poor AI, and that is not the way the game has been advertised, and I suspect that like me most players, like me, are not interested in designing games.

I can live with the present situation because the game is still playable vs the AI,but like Jeff says, forget about Blitzkrieg- wars tend to be battles of attrition due to the huge production bonuses given to the AI.

Actually I think it is more accurate that the game is a wargame construction set, which should lead eventually to many interesting scenarios from modders.But of course scenarios need players like me to pay for the game nd to play the scenarios, which is why I have no regrets about buying the game, and not even bothering to get the bonus for AT.[&o]

I have already said this, but when I gt a week of pleasure playing a gme, I figure I have got my money's worth. This has been the case for this game, AoD, WiTE, WiTP (well I DID glare at the map for a week or so...), and it is not an excuse to put out bug-ridden unplayable games like HOI3 (although I bought all the variations), King Arthur, Empire total War,War between the states, and some others. I am still on the fence for HOI3, for which I also bought all the variations including HttT. Sometimes as in the case of War Between the éstates, I jut didn't like the game, which is not necessarily a criticism.

Henri

asdf12 -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/26/2011 4:52:34 PM)

This may have been discussed before but how about a load/unload button for transported
units.

rjh1971 -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/28/2011 2:31:56 PM)

I'm missing the move all units from a HQ button that was implemented in DC BFWTP

Casus_Belli -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/30/2011 2:56:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

I'm missing the move all units from a HQ button that was implemented in DC BFWTP

Yes yes yes! Surely it would be good to have a way to select more than one unit.

spelk -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (4/30/2011 5:00:40 PM)

I'd like to see the action buttons "grey out" or become unavailable based on the context. So if you click an enemy hex, and you have no artillery or air with which to attack with, then the buttons will quite clearly indicate that information to you, without you having to click into them,and then click again to return back.

A small gripe, but one which carries over to Decisive Campaigns as well as ATG.

crazyjohn -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/1/2011 5:49:29 PM)

Hotkey for end turn ,option to hide the new turn report at the begging of each new turn so that you end turn and go straight to the map without a click fest.

Of course a template building system for units my number one wish.

cbelva -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/5/2011 7:29:03 PM)

In scenarios with a lot of units, it would make it less tedious if you could order whole stacks to move instead of having to move each unit individually. I am currently playing the bulge scenario and it gets very frustrating moving all the units already in stack across the map one unit at a time.

budd -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/8/2011 7:59:00 PM)

I'd like to be able to select your peoples in random games, make the peoples more specialized, i.e. more units or even factories special to certain peoples. More peoples in the general. +1 for more ai settings and mouse wheel zoom. Like to see experience bonuses for units, maybe they could get and action card to use 1 time or a more persistent bonus, if not leaders. maybe a unit request for replacements of a certain type to auto fill provided the transport is available and the ability to prioritize requests i.e if multiple units request same unit type more than the HQ has, prioritize which units get the replacements first automatically or to auto set where what your producing gets sent, and in what amount or some form of the afore mentioned template for units. Since i'm always forgetting the hotkeys, a button to click so a window comes up with the hotkeys.

Stardog -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/9/2011 6:12:44 PM)

Wz Up Bro's!?..

I Would like to see...

At least 1 or 2 upgrades for Paratroops . Marines ?! Could we put in the Marines???

STAFF...
I was thinking could there be different pic's for staff ?

Like if you want staff for your Air Force a Staff select could be in the Aircraft section, If you wanted to do a Naval Staff it would be in the Ship section.

Just some thoughts...

SD

budd -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/14/2011 3:06:22 PM)

how about a few buttons to just show HQ's and a button to show just Engineers on the map, maybe planes too.
budd

Strategiusz -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/14/2011 5:17:58 PM)

The cost of oil for movement and attack. I suggest to display them somewhere.

Frido1207 -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/17/2011 3:35:15 PM)

I would like to see my planes being able to fly missions (with reduced efficiency) during mud & winter seasons.

Tac2i -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/17/2011 5:45:40 PM)

+1

quote:

ORIGINAL: th1207

I would like to see my planes being able to fly missions (with reduced efficiency) during mud & winter seasons.

Rander -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/17/2011 9:02:19 PM)

Hello.

I would like:
- Engineers that can destroy railroads. If they can destroy factories, why not to destroy -or damage- railroads.
- Rebellions on the random games.

Bye!

Iron Knight -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/18/2011 12:07:59 AM)

Howdy,

I made a mod for my local group of AT players that gave every thing upgrades (even horses). Would it be possible to see this in the base game? Trucks can get more fuel effective, or have more carring cap. Transports could have more HP and carrying cap. Recon Cars could get more recon points and HP. I just don't like not have the option even it if isn't effective in the average game.

Also, I know i'm dreaming but some more naval units like scout cruisers, battlecruisers, supply/transport submarines would be awesome!

Thanks for another great game Vic!

Jafele -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/24/2011 4:04:22 PM)

IŽd like to see engineers (with trucks) building roads and bridges in any terrain. It is obvious that trucks can cross the same road that engineers are building (just like horses). Due to this I always use engineers travelling by horses. It has no sense [:-].

Vic -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/24/2011 5:51:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

IŽd like to see engineers (with trucks) building roads and bridges in any terrain. It is obvious that trucks can cross the same road that engineers are building (just like horses). Due to this I always use engineers travelling by horses. It has no sense [:-].

there has been a change to road building AP cost in version 2.02. you might want to check wich version you are on.
it works since 2.02 as it should.

best,
vic

Jafele -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/24/2011 10:08:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

there has been a change to road building AP cost in version 2.02. you might want to check wich version you are on.
it works since 2.02 as it should.

best,
vic

ThatŽs true, I didnŽt notice. Feel very happy [:D]

Thank you so much Vic.

Jafele -> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread (5/25/2011 12:05:26 PM)

I really love this game [&o]. But IŽd like to see an alternative version of AT with a simultaneous movement each turn (WEGO system), just like Combat Mission. It would be even more realistic because you donŽt know what your opponent is going to do. In my opinion it could be the perfect game.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI