Speed of AT : Gold (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support

Maddoc06 -> Speed of AT : Gold (4/14/2011 1:18:23 AM)

I bought the previous AT:WWII game and played it for hours, including created my own mods.

The fundamental problem with the game was the glacial speed at which turns were processed, particularly when larger maps were used or constructed. I had worked out how to add oil and steel resources and to use them strategically. But the incredibly very slow turns took the fun out of it.

As I watched the build up for AT: Gold I noted somewhere in one of the posts that the speed of the game was being improved (up to 10x) I think. I suspect that is not enough so I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience here.

Can we now play large maps (with say 200x200 with 50 cities, or larger) at a playable game speed?

Tac2i -> RE: Speed of AT : Gold (4/14/2011 2:09:20 AM)

The speed is vastly improved as I mentioned in one of your other posts and you can actually watch the AI move (within recon range) as it takes its turn, though on a really fast PC it can move almost too quickly to watch effectively.  You do have the manual replay mode however.

I've never personally played on a map as large as you suggest so can't comment there. Obviously, the larger the map and the more stuff that inhabits it, the more time it will take.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI