German post-blizzard losses (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Drescher -> German post-blizzard losses (4/16/2011 3:03:50 PM)

Hello all,

atm im right in the middle of my first serious take on the 41gc. Im at turn 46 playing Germany on normal. Blizzard was horrible and ive lost 1.3m men, with roughly 100k every turn. While it was tough i thought i had weathered it okish, when with the start of march normal snow returned. >The thing is, i have since then been losing men constantly every russian turn. It sorta declined from 80k to now 20k, but still. Im curious to understand what is going on. Whats that supposed to simulate? THey show up under "permanent losses - current turn", only during the soviet turn.

sillyflower -> RE: German post-blizzard losses (4/16/2011 3:09:46 PM)

attrition losses - get in units next to enemy. In th manual

Drescher -> RE: German post-blizzard losses (4/16/2011 3:33:27 PM)

Ah ok, i suspected some kind of attrition at work, but was looking for confirmation. Shame on me, havent read much of the manual...im more the learning by doing type [:)]
SO, is 20k a "normal" value for attrition losses, once morale starts to decline for the german army? (i have read now the corresponding chapter in the manual)

sillyflower -> RE: German post-blizzard losses (4/16/2011 7:37:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drescher

Ah ok, i suspected some kind of attrition at work, but was looking for confirmation. Shame on me, havent read much of the manual...im more the learning by doing type [:)]
SO, is 20k a "normal" value for attrition losses, once morale starts to decline for the german army? (i have read now the corresponding chapter in the manual)

suppose it must be - and will depend on how much of your army is in contact with the enemy. None of my Russian opponents have lasted that long yet......

Well worth reading the manual thoroughly IMHO

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI