I can't bombard (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

DonkeyShow -> I can't bombard (4/16/2011 10:17:41 PM)

Hey game folk!

So I'm playing the Boskara, and I have destroyers equiped with the Shaktur Firestorm. It's supposed to be an attack and bombard weapon, and my ship designs show a bombard damage value.

I sent out a fleet to blast a planet and I got nothing. They fire up the engines and for a split second it says "attack xxxx". Then it immediately goes back to "no mission" and they just sit there.

I tried it with the whole fleet and with individual ships. I also tried clicking on the planet when it had the red crosshairs icon and right clicking and selecting bombard from the drop down menu.

Discuss....

Data -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 10:23:02 PM)

Welcome to the forum DonkeyShow
Does it have a shield? You can't bombard in that case and the only options are planetary invasions or the mor peaceful WD

DonkeyShow -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 10:35:37 PM)

Wow you're quick.... that positronic thing must be workin for ya. Congrats on your outstanding beard.

I am fairly new to the game so ummmm... I don't actually know what a shield indicator would look like yet. I looked all over the planet data and couldn't find anything to distinguish it from any other planet. Then I went to my agents to see if the planetary shield tech was a available to steal. It was not.

So I am assuming they don't have it. The planet belongs to the Zenox, if that matters. I do note that their "megatron" shield was not listed to steal. Does that protect planets?

edit - I'm wrong, it's 'ultra fast shield recharging" and it is on the list of tecks to steal.

cookie monster -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 10:48:37 PM)

Click on the planet

In the detail window in the lower lh corner

Does the planet have a ''Planetary Shield'' listed as a facility?

If it did the planet would also have a bright blue glow to the atmosphere.

Some guys had probs with bombarding at x4 game speed

drop the game speed down to normal and give it a go

DonkeyShow -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 10:58:40 PM)

Cool thanks Mister Monster.

I'm running at normal speed. Facilities says (none). And no blue glowiness present.

I also went and edited my ship design to don't invade, invade when clear, and invade immediately. It let me edit and save that part even though I already had ships built. None of them changed the behavior.

cookie monster -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 11:05:42 PM)

Upload the save as a bug report and I'll take a look.

See the stickied ''How to upload saves'' thread.

DonkeyShow -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 11:08:04 PM)

kk thanks

DonkeyShow -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 11:42:56 PM)

Okay the save file is: DonkeyShow sad no boom

and I'm trying to bomb the only Zenox colony in the system with my only fleet.

cookie monster -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 11:48:49 PM)

I just tried my first ever bombard and it worked fine. I didn't expect the troop carrying Capitals to drop off troops also.

In your bombarding ship design screen do you have a bombard figure reported under weapons?

I have highlighted them in the attached screenshot.

[image]local://upfiles/16737/1F9AA55C33CA4748B5C83CB1D26F4885.jpg[/image]

DonkeyShow -> RE: I can't bombard (4/16/2011 11:58:18 PM)

Yup! My ships say they be abombinable.

I got a planetary killin value of 48, in theory anyways. They just need to go killin planets now.

cookie monster -> RE: I can't bombard (4/17/2011 12:04:34 AM)

I uploaded your save.

I initially had problems setting up the bombard. Only one ship carried out the attack.

What I did next was tell the ships to move to the planet under control right click and ''engage when attacked''.

When next to the planet I control right clicked bombard planet under options.

First fleet then succesfully bombarded the planet.

Next something surprising happened...

But I'm not gonna tellya![:'(]

I'm glad I could clear up the clunky interface issue for you.

Now let's kick some ass with ''The Bad Ass Bugs Empire''.

His name not mine.[:D]

DonkeyShow -> RE: I can't bombard (4/17/2011 12:12:18 AM)

Huh?!?!

So I just need to massage the controls a little different. Well thanks for your time sir, I thought I was getting shafted.

You prolly noticed why the "Bad Ass Bugs" want that system so quick. What with that little planet Zantabia next door and all. [:'(]

Data -> RE: I can't bombard (4/17/2011 6:55:36 AM)

ohoo, zentabia deserves all the massaging [:)]
there are indeed some known interface quirks....but that makes you now a veteran of interface management [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI