Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

joliverlay -> Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (4/19/2011 12:47:44 AM)

I have a number of files in Matrix folders that are being moved to a virus vault. witprec.exe, hccrez.exe, battlefrontz.exe for example claiming infection with Trojan Horse Agent2.coec. Is this real

Terminus -> RE: Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (4/19/2011 12:51:03 AM)

Of course it isn't.[8|] They're false positives; has happened many times before.

joliverlay -> RE: Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (4/19/2011 12:53:50 AM)

First time for me in ten years with AVG. Thanks for the reply.

joliverlay -> RE: Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (4/19/2011 12:54:52 AM)

It was the file names that got me. I expected witp.exe, but not a wiptrec.exe.

thunderstruck -> RE: Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (4/27/2011 11:22:52 PM)

I have avg 2011, but do not have those files (games unknown)

but be interesting to see if they alerted my AVG

madgamer2 -> RE: Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (5/6/2011 1:29:53 AM)

I used AVG for years till this sort of thing started to happen with different kinds of programs. My advice is to delete AVG and go with Avast! This is just my opinion.

Madgamer2

jamesfriedman -> RE: Matrix files showing up as trojan on avg? (6/26/2011 1:45:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer2

I used AVG for years till this sort of thing started to happen with different kinds of programs. My advice is to delete AVG and go with Avast! This is just my opinion.

Madgamer2

quote:

with Avast! Thi

I actually made the transition a few years ago and I would also recommend Avast. It's much better than AVG and it offers real-time scanning.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI