Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

vsek -> Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 6:02:58 AM)

I have played AH games and computer strategy games from about 1980 and I really think this game has hit an amazing balance of complexity/reality and most importantly - fun factor. What theater would you like to see this game engines applied too? I would like either a western front from normandy to spring 45 or more preferably a north african campaign. I think the way the supplies rules work it would make a realistic/fun simulation of Rommel in the desert with quick strikes/encirclements/capturing supplies. What says you?

Wild -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 6:48:03 AM)

Western front and North african games are in the works! [;)]

Even better they will be combined with WitE to make a war in europe game.

Check around the forums for more info.

laska2k8 -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 7:54:22 AM)

italy, normandy till the end of the war... all linked with actual WITE

Ketza -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 2:45:33 PM)

Begin to end of the war.

Yes I am a glutton for details.

Aditia -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 3:11:20 PM)

Western powers vs. Soviet Union 1946!

Tarhunnas -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 3:14:55 PM)

The entire history of the world! 

gids -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 3:20:04 PM)

http://wastelands-interactive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=70
this is a promising title aswell

molchomor -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 5:11:27 PM)

Hm, how about a "Rome" game ? [X(]

Only major problem would be handling naval combat ?

molchomor -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 5:13:40 PM)

Korea ?

Aditia -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 5:41:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: molchomor

Korea ?

+1

buchand -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 6:28:42 PM)

From 39 to 41as the the current engine could be easily transferrable[?] THEN North Africa, Italy etc could be produced as add-ons.
Obviously Axis prodcution would need to be added so we can all spend every waking minute recreating WW2 [:D]

Berkut -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/20/2011 7:16:49 PM)

The problem with expanding to multiple fronts is you have to come up with some kind of event engine, which WITE totally lacks.

vsek -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/21/2011 4:53:44 AM)

wow- now I am stoked. Had no idea

johnnyvagas -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/21/2011 6:02:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: molchomor

Korea ?

+1

sillyflower -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/23/2011 10:54:45 AM)

Recreating the 100 years war.

WiTE games over all too quickly

morvael -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/23/2011 7:36:10 PM)

I would love to see War in the West (including 1940 campaign, besides 1944-45) in the same scale as WitE, that would offer a chance not to play a mammoth game again, as opposed to changing scale to regimental. This engine is great, but many people I know won't play it due to effort required to deal with 2000km front. The engine is great, it just needs to offer lighter campaigns and West Front in divisional scale and one year of play (1944-45 campaign) would be ideal.

Then I would love to see WitE 2 with more dynamic Axis reinforcement/withdrawal instead of a scripted one, and including the campaign in northern Finland.

Edit: the only campaign where regimental scale would be good is North African one, though it was so long (1940-1943) that scaling units could not go in pair with scaling time - there would be too many turns.

Cyclop -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/23/2011 10:57:13 PM)

I would like to see the game of all games, the seismosaurus of modern technology war simulations - a game with WiTE engine including WiTP production management and navy battles/management, covering all fronts starting from anschluss in Austria 1938 - finish in 1945.
WiTE can be left as is, as a module that induces in 1941. Poland, France, Finland, Africa, Yugoslavia... That would be a true Seven years of Apocalypse. Mammoth game that can't extinct.

Since you asked :)

Jajusha -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/23/2011 11:13:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

With 12h turns?

Baron von Beer -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/25/2011 6:36:58 PM)

Formula 1. Why waste hours in a racing sim when you can load the race, click end turn and have all the results in 30 seconds?

If it HAAAS to be war related, Plugging in the West front with WITE, from Normandy to Africa, '39-> the end.

Or maybe the Anglo-Zanzibar war for those who need something a little shorter.

Panama -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (4/25/2011 7:14:48 PM)

Would make a great North African engine. After looking at Pelton's/Larry's AAR not so sure about anything else. Others are sure to emulate what's going on there.

sillyflower -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (5/1/2011 8:23:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jajusha

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

With 12h turns?

In the tutorial that would be OK but that's not really hardcore

cmill_MatrixForum -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (5/2/2011 9:14:23 PM)

I would love to see 'War in the Desert'. A battalion and regimental level of the WitE engine would be perfect here.

nedcorleone1 -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (5/2/2011 9:36:30 PM)

War in the West -> 1943-1945

It'd be great to play essentially right before D-Day all the way to Berlin. It'd be like a Fortress Europa type timespan. Even though Patton said that fixed fortifications were a monument to human stupidity in the face of modern warfare (aircraft), I'd still love to play a defensive German campaign role falling back through France and holing up at the Siegfried Line, followed by a Panzer thrust in the winter (gotta set that weather to RANDOM). [:D]

Mynok -> RE: Taking WITE's game engine-what would be your prefered next game? (5/2/2011 10:22:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

Would make a great North African engine. After looking at Pelton's/Larry's AAR not so sure about anything else. Others are sure to emulate what's going on there.

I agree this would be the easiest next step. The scale would generally still work there. In the West, a smaller scale would be required for sure.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI