JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support

The Mook Man -> JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (4/20/2011 6:14:52 PM)

I have had only one problem with John Tillers ACWB and that when the final round is over, the game shuts down and a message is printed 'bgn.exe not found' or somthing like that.

This is really a low priority since the rest of the game plays great, but after a glorious victory, I was hoping for bells and whistles.

Also, there are some misprints in the manuals and the scenario notes, but that is just a clerical error and I have no problem with those.

coastie_slith -> RE: JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (4/23/2011 5:25:25 PM)

I believe if you download the patch available on the site it will eliminate that bug. I've had it a few times...

No bells & whistles even when it does end normally though! I've always thought that is the big weakness of these games. You'll spend hours on a scenario crafting your victory then when it ends...it just ends... sure you can look around the map but it would be nice to have some fireworks.

The Mook Man -> RE: JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (4/23/2011 6:17:29 PM)

Thanks RyanK for the info.  And when you say hours, it's really a lot of hours.  When playing Antietam "The Loose Cannons", I also note that the Scenario Notes Fire Results and Melee Results table are not followed as noted in the Parameter Data.  However, I when I select Optional Rules, Optional Melee Data, that matches the Scenario Notes Melee Results.  The Fire Results I then get from the Chicamauga scenarios - funny they didn't clear upt that glitch, but it is an old game.

This is the first JT game I bought and it reminds me so much of the Avalon Hill board games I used to play a long time ago.  I like this game.

WernerVoss -> RE: JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (4/25/2011 1:50:14 PM)

The original Talonsoft versions of these Civil War games used to display the flag of the victor and play an appropriate song, "Dixie" or "Battle Hymn of the Republic" if I remember correctly.

I'm an old Avalon Hill wargammer myself. I have an attic full of them. These games are very similiar. 

The Mook Man -> RE: JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (4/25/2011 5:14:29 PM)

Thanks Werner.  I started playing Panzer Leader, Panzer Blitz, Richtofen's War, Midway and Afrika Corps back in the mid 1970s and went through many a bottles of Jameson's and Old Bushmill's followed by black coffee with an Army buddy of mine "fighting" those battles - he always scolded me for thowing Russian troops under the 'bus' to stop his Panzers.  I still have Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz in a old box in the closet.  Handling those little unit markers was a bit much at times, especially when you stacked several at once for each encouter. 

I'm afraid with these computer simulations, my AH board games will stay in the closet.

MLovett -> RE: JT Civil War BatGrnd ends game by shutting down game - What is that about? (8/7/2011 6:27:29 PM)

Same problem. Do I need to download the patch from 2008 even if I purchased and downloaded the game this week?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI