Scenario help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Russboy -> Scenario help (4/21/2011 4:32:58 PM)

Hi people,

I'm trying to set up a quick game using a particular scenario and wondered if anyone could help me.

I would like a randomly generated map using french place names, capital etc and British and German regimes.

I know how to set up the regimes but not how to alter the map so that it contains french towns and neutral people so that both regimes can produce units.

Any help would be appreciated

torontorock -> RE: Scenario help (4/22/2011 4:06:39 PM)

Hola Russ how are you. I am a new player to ATG but I think I have an answer. Create your random map then enter the editor. On the map, scroll around and click on the city you want to change. Then press the "Hex" button. The first line will show the name of the city. Click on the grey box to change it (I believe you will also have to change the "Label1" line further down to have the name change show up on the map itself). The third line down should show the people of the city. Click on that and a new list will pop up showing the different peoples. Option 8 will be Neutrals so click that. Repeat this for every town you want to change.

I tried this quickly on a small map and it seems to work. Hope this helps. Have a good day :)

Edit: I just realised that if the name of the city extends outside the hex you will have to change the "Label2" line in the neighbouring hex as well. Play with it and you'll see what I mean.

Russboy -> RE: Scenario help (4/22/2011 7:43:11 PM)

Hi torontorock,

Thanks for the reply mate really appreciated, and your right it does work.

However what I really would like is to be able to have all towns, capitals etc change all in one go as this is not very practical and also means I know the layout of the map.

I would have thought there was a setting somewhere that allows you to specify what town graphics and people populate them from and overall map perspective but maybe not.

I would have thought something as straightforward as this would have been an option when generating the map?

Oh well, I can only guess from the lack of replies that it's either not possible or nobody seems to know.

Thanks again torontorock hope its a nice day/evening over there in Canada if that's where you are.

torontorock -> RE: Scenario help (4/22/2011 8:48:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russboy

Hi torontorock,

Thanks for the reply mate really appreciated, and your right it does work.

However what I really would like is to be able to have all towns, capitals etc change all in one go as this is not very practical and also means I know the layout of the map.

I would have thought there was a setting somewhere that allows you to specify what town graphics and people populate them from and overall map perspective but maybe not.

I would have thought something as straightforward as this would have been an option when generating the map?

Oh well, I can only guess from the lack of replies that it's either not possible or nobody seems to know.

Thanks again torontorock hope its a nice day/evening over there in Canada if that's where you are.

Ah well I don't know how to do it then without going into the editor and actually seeing the map, if that's even possible but then I'm a noob at this and not the guy to say for sure :)

ernieschwitz -> RE: Scenario help (4/22/2011 10:08:22 PM)

I´m sure you could modify the map generating masterfile to allow for this. But I am not sure how. Messing with random game settings has never been my cup of tea.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI