Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

thunderstruck -> Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s (4/27/2011 11:17:40 PM)

Hello, am wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Just installed and got working Distant Worlds.

Now, when it installed I got the ffdshow compatibility manager prompt. Have never ever gotten this prompt before with using any ffdshow codecs, now I get it all the time and even with windows media player. is A bugger of an annoyance even when do not prompt is ticked.
REAL ISSUE !!!
I cannot even play new MP3s in WMP 9 though older ones in playlist work.So, all my unplaylisted Songs,material,sounds,Sfx,Scores I have and use for GFX 3d and video that are in MP3 are unplayable except in VLC media player on an individual basis.

(About 10 GB worth of Music,comps,scores and Sfx.)
(have not tried Adobe bridge but am sure they wont play as it uses default WMP)

This all began with this install. Have looked into config of ffdshow and do not see any problems and for life of me cannot figure this out.

Even a system restore failed to fix this.

From what I have gathered so far, the whitelist/blacklist has been affected- and have yet to try blacklisting Distant Worlds.exe
in ffdshow codec config.Problem is WMP is not blackliste or is listed for use but will not work unplaylisted files( mp3's only it seems)

Seems maybe the only way, but would that not affect sound-files for game?? as in not work??

Any one got an opine on this??

Should I send this to tech support?

Regards,

thunderstruck -> RE: Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s (4/28/2011 1:09:56 AM)

Well, I uninstalled Distant worlds, but system also updated WMP when I restarted,
so unsure which may have corrected. But no longer have issue of ffdshow compatiblity prompts

will know more when I try and reinstall this game.

The new MP3's still do not function, may be unrelated will have to test out some more.
Regards,

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI