RE: Short Map PI Scen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

TIMJOT -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 4:53:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Hola, Uncle Don.

Friend of mine in Pennsylvania thinks he's got a handle on what 3in naval guns were poking about for 61st and 81st IDs (PA). Have to say, I find his logic compelling. Asked him to post his findings, but he has serious problems with the recent constituents of this forum. Maybe he will, maybe not. You will get his report in any case.

He is quite nauseated by the Matrix Forums. I've been asked before, but now more adamantly, to add WiTP-AE Babes discussions and developments to a moderated mil.hist forum, so that interested professionals won't have to put up with ... you know. It is public, but posts will be reviewed before they show. We don't have the time or inclination to do both that and Matrix, so it's very likely we'll move to mil.hist.

Sorry to hear that, hope you will stick around or at least check in from time to time to answer well meaning if not well thought out questions. I cant even begin to say how much I and I am sure many others appreciate what you and Don have done for this game. Thanks

Buck Beach -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 4:49:27 PM)

quote:

Hola, Uncle Don.

Friend of mine in Pennsylvania thinks he's got a handle on what 3in naval guns were poking about for 61st and 81st IDs (PA). Have to say, I find his logic compelling. Asked him to post his findings, but he has serious problems with the recent constituents of this forum. Maybe he will, maybe not. You will get his report in any case.

He is quite nauseated by the Matrix Forums. I've been asked before, but now more adamantly, to add WiTP-AE Babes discussions and developments to a moderated mil.hist forum, so that interested professionals won't have to put up with ... you know. It is public, but posts will be reviewed before they show. We don't have the time or inclination to do both that and Matrix, so it's very likely we'll move to mil.hist.

Looks like my crystal ball was working properly. This was inevitable. Sorry JWE but this reeks with "I'm going to pick up my marbles and go home".

Crap,crap,crap !!![:(]

JWE -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 5:26:44 PM)

No, just moving the discussions of the scenarios (the marbles) to another place, by request of a larger user community. It will be on an open, public forum, that is frequently accessed by historians, military professionals, and wargame grognards. Mat assures me that the forum will be open upon registration, but capable of selective moderation. If anything significant comes up, I’ll just post a link. Don’t understand your complaint.

[ed] someone will continue to post AE/Babes specific data changes and such like as they come up, and answer AE/Babes specific questions. We are just taking the Babes scenario development concept to a different place where, I think, the gestalt will grow roses.

Buck Beach -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 5:41:39 PM)

quote:

No, just moving the discussions of the scenarios (the marbles) to another place, by request of a larger user community. It will be on an open, public forum, that is frequently accessed by historians, military professionals, and wargame grognards. Mat assures me that the forum will be open upon registration, but capable of selective moderation. If anything significant comes up, I’ll just post a link. Don’t understand your complaint.

If you don't understand my guess is that it would be pointless to discuss the matter. I will follow (if allowed), but will very much be a lurker for the knowledge that such posters will provide (to be sure including yourself), being careful not to step on any toes with any posts.

Disappointed!![:(]

chesmart -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 7:17:22 PM)

Ok John where are you moving so I can Register ?

el cid again -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 7:29:57 PM)

Manila has no heavy industry (obviously someone never has visited the place) - which seems wrong.
You might also simulate food production (including fish) at many places by daily supply. It won't
be capturable by the Japanese - but that is not entirely unfair. Adding a bit of light industry -
it is capturable I think - is also appropriate at a few places. The Philippines is the second richest
nation in theater in WWII - and it is a micro economy - a place that exports (in that age) food as
well as minerals - and could have exported far more - particularly to the Allies. It is anything but
clear that War Plan Orange was an impossible dream - had the PI been defended by someone other than
Mac? He accepted millions of dollars in single transactions, created the title Field Marshall for himself,
and had an impossibly exaggerated view that what amounts to militia could stand up to IJA line units.
A defense everywhere also was a classic blunder - and no player needs to make it.

witpqs -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 9:01:12 PM)

quote:

... move to mil.hist.

Went looking for it to get a head start. "mil.hist" domain doesn't resolve. One Google suggestion is "milhist.net" - is that the one?

JWE -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/23/2011 9:16:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: che200

To where we can can talk about things without diarrhea, like the the above, annoying us. Soon as Mat gets us up and running, I will post the link. Just follow the yellow brick road.[;)]

GaryChildress -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/24/2011 1:46:12 AM)

quote:

quote:

To where we can can talk about things without diarrhea, like the the above, annoying us. Soon as Mat gets us up and running, I will post the link. Just follow the yellow brick road.[;)]

Sheesh. Lighten up, JWE! We're a bunch of grown men playing a computer game for crying out loud! Kick back. Relax. Have some fun on the forums. That's what we're all here for. Shoot the breeze. Roll with the "diarrhea". Create some of your own. Chat with herwin (God knows the rest of us have no idea what his dissertations are about).

Unless your scenario is going to solve the problem of world hunger it aint THAT important.

mike scholl 1 -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/24/2011 4:38:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

Wouldn't the simple application of the "little green button" solve your problem?

Tijanski -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/25/2011 4:06:25 PM)

Count me in too. But does the Scouts get their Garrand rifles? and is there any ammo unloaded for the 60mm mortars? I read that scouts were on peace time order and a 85 man company can go more to 120 on a war time order. Is so? this will be most fun if PI gets all these things.

chesmart -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (5/25/2011 8:01:42 PM)

Well I will follow John and Don to which ever forum they choose the information i have learnt regarding the Pac war from their scenarios is priceless especially regarding small ships which very few history books have especially the ones I have.   

Halsey -> RE: Short Map PI Scen (7/11/2011 12:27:19 AM)

bump...

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI