OT - They got Osama (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

LargeSlowTarget -> OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 5:36:56 AM)

Just heard in the News that the President has announced the death of Osama Bin Laden!

[image]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3501/grimreaperd.gif[/image]

Terminus -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 5:43:56 AM)

One less bad man in the world this morning. Good riddance.

Raverdave -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 5:47:23 AM)

Sounds like it...........by US troops on the ground.

Cribtop -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 5:55:46 AM)

Hot damn! Watching the news now. Major kudos to all involved in the Op.

ilovestrategy -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 5:56:39 AM)

[sm=00000436.gif][sm=happy0065.gif]

ChezDaJez -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 6:09:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Just heard in the News that the President has announced the death of Osama Bin Laden!

Yes and we have the body so there will be no doubt. It was a JSOC operation inside Pakistan. Evidently they had been learned the approximate location last August but only recently confirmed he was there.

Chez

Shellshock -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 6:15:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Praise Allah. [&o]

We got the body eh? I say string it up and it's pinata time on the Capitol Mall. [:D]

The Gnome -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 6:20:35 AM)

There is a special section on the bbc website detailing how his death will affect the royal couple's honeymoon, and which hats are appropriate for the celebration. (Sorry couldn't resist [:D])

On a serious note, thankful for the effort, heartache, and blood my military countrymen and those of our allies spent nailing this guy. Sounds like a humdinger of an op.

FeurerKrieg -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 6:40:06 AM)

Yay! [&o]

Sredni -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 6:52:02 AM)

About time. Killed in pakistan, and not in some wilderness hinterland either, rather what looks to be a fairly major city. I wonder if there was government compliance there letting him stay unmolested until now.

I wonder if the op to kill him was approved by pakistan [:D]

Kinda morbid I guess, but I hope they burn the body and dump the ashes in the ocean. The last thing we need is for a bunch of fanatics using bits and pieces of osama as holy objects.

DOCUP -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 7:14:14 AM)

Job well Done to the Men and Women who worked on the op. Also to the Men and Women serving and that served.

doc

Shellshock -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 7:34:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sredni
Kinda morbid I guess, but I hope they burn the body and dump the ashes in the ocean. The last thing we need is for a bunch of fanatics using bits and pieces of osama as holy objects.

Sadly, at the same time you need to keep the body as proof, since any ambiguity in this area at all will be immediately seized upon by the mindless faithful or conspiracy theorists as proof he is still alive somewhere.

steamboateng -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 8:00:46 AM)

Congrats to U.S. intelligence and special ops teams.
America has patiently waited for this news.
New Yorker's celabrate at WTC site.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 8:07:03 AM)

Well done to the SEALs or whomever gets credit for this op in the end (news reports all over the map). I'll be hoisting a beer to OBL's demise in a couple of hours.

Cheers,
CC

USSAmerica -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 12:44:33 PM)

0730 here and I've opened a new bottle of my favorite 15 year old Rhum Barbancourt to celebrate. 

BRAVO ZULU to all involved and to all who have manned the wall for the last 10 years.  [sm=00000436.gif]

mg62 -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 12:56:09 PM)

Good News & Good Job to all who worked for a long time.  It sounds like the information took a long time to run down.

tocaff -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 1:04:56 PM)

[sm=00000436.gif][sm=character0272.gif][sm=happy0065.gif]

Well done to all involved over these past 10 years.

It's about time the US demonstrated that they will keep at something until the desired result is achieved.

John 3rd -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 2:19:08 PM)

It was/is surprising and pleasant news. My wife and I were talking while the President spoke and she immediately said---well...how quickly do you think the terrorists will strike back? Sobering thought at the time.

Well done to our servicemen/women!
[sm=sterb029.gif]

jeffk3510 -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 2:50:43 PM)

Makes me wonder what will happen now....

morganbj -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:06:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Well, if you listen to some of the talking heads, the war is over, bring all the troops home, and disband the military. There is no more need for them.

Terminus -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:08:32 PM)

Then don't listen. Be happy that the world has one less asshole.

steamboateng -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:15:30 PM)

I was born in Franklin Roosevelt's administration, seen alot af political stuff since then. My hat's off to President Obama, (I didn't vote for him) who has shown to us simple Americans' a strong moral conviction in a belief of what we are and should hope to be.!
As a great Engishman once said,"Tthis is not the beginning of the end. But perhaps the end of the beginning!".
Regards to all.....

Schanilec -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:28:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steamboateng
As a great Engishman once said,"Tthis is not the beginning of the end. But perhaps the end of the beginning!".
Regards to all.....

Churchill. I'd vote for him.

LST Express -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:35:53 PM)

Nice operation.

herwin -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:42:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sredni

About time. Killed in pakistan, and not in some wilderness hinterland either, rather what looks to be a fairly major city. I wonder if there was government compliance there letting him stay unmolested until now.

I wonder if the op to kill him was approved by pakistan [:D]

If the ISI was protecting him, we may have penetrated their security. Having been involved peripherally in the chase back in the 1990s, I'm glad this is over. Reminds me of when the Soviet Union collapsed. Take the phone off the hook and get some sleep.

jeffk3510 -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:58:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Well, if you listen to some of the talking heads, the war is over, bring all the troops home, and disband the military. There is no more need for them.

Ha! [:D] Yes I have been hearing this. 1 down 5mil to go but the war is over...

DivePac88 -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:58:41 PM)

Great news, our worst enemy is dead, and the free world can breath a little easier.

jeffk3510 -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 3:59:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Then don't listen. Be happy that the world has one less asshole.

I am happy the world has one less asshat.. Believe me man.

Ikazuchi0585 -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 4:10:40 PM)

Ding Dong the witch is dead

Kwik E Mart -> RE: OT - They got Osama (5/2/2011 5:36:48 PM)

in the words of Brian Wilson, aka The Beard...Got him!!!

[image]local://upfiles/13152/37A706EBE86E4B61BF4D9A480E378B73.jpg[/image]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI