BFN2 Kate question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

DDLAfan -> BFN2 Kate question (5/12/2011 4:45:47 AM)

Hi,

Playing the main campaign in PBEM as the Japs, and I noticed that the Kate is not in production, even though it is used by the KB torpedo bomber groups. Since it's replacement the Jill does not begin production until mid-43-and their are only 32 kates in the pool, I ran out of replacement aircraft early in January 42. I hastily converted the Ida factory over to Kate production, but that is going to take a while to restock the kate pool.

Did the Japanese actually stop production of the Kate a year and a half before the Jill came out? With all the attrition that occurred in 42 I find that hard to believe.

Thanks for the response.

PaxMondo -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/12/2011 5:03:20 AM)

Yes.  IIRC, they thought the Jill was coming on line, but it ran into problems.  Pearl Harbor happened in the middle of the problem.

wdolson -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/12/2011 7:44:19 AM)

They were forced to put it back into production in the first half of 1942.  There was a Kate shortage around the time of Midway.

Bill

Sardaukar -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/12/2011 9:17:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

They were forced to put it back into production in the first half of 1942.  There was a Kate shortage around the time of Midway.

Bill

And not only Kate shortage, but ablmost all air groups on IJN CVs in Midway were understrength. Japanese aircraft production in 1942 was quite abysmal.

jeffs -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/12/2011 9:21:47 AM)

> Japanese aircraft production in 1942 was quite abysmal.

as an AFB, I would comment rather obnoxiously that only IRL is Japanese aircraft production abysmal[:-]...Never in the game[&o]

jeffk3510 -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/12/2011 4:46:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffs

> Japanese aircraft production in 1942 was quite abysmal.

as an AFB, I would comment rather obnoxiously that only IRL is Japanese aircraft production abysmal[:-]...Never in the game[&o]

From this AFB as well. [sm=character0272.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/13/2011 2:13:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DDLAfan

Hi,

Playing the main campaign in PBEM as the Japs, and I noticed that the Kate is not in production, even though it is used by the KB torpedo bomber groups. Since it's replacement the Jill does not begin production until mid-43-and their are only 32 kates in the pool, I ran out of replacement aircraft early in January 42. I hastily converted the Ida factory over to Kate production, but that is going to take a while to restock the kate pool.

Did the Japanese actually stop production of the Kate a year and a half before the Jill came out? With all the attrition that occurred in 42 I find that hard to believe.

Thanks for the response.

I believe that there's a B5N1 factory on Nagasaki that starts the game inactive. Next time around, you may want to activate (and upgrade it) versus converting an Ida factory.

Local Yokel -> RE: BFN2 Kate question (5/13/2011 2:33:16 AM)

Hiroshima, an undeveloped B5N2 plant.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI