About to start a new game, am I up to date? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Miller -> About to start a new game, am I up to date? (5/13/2011 12:46:29 AM)

I have the latest official patch 1106i, are there any data/beta patches I should install before starting work on the first turn?

USSAmerica -> RE: About to start a new game, am I up to date? (5/13/2011 12:50:32 AM)

Miller, you have the most recent official patch, and any new game you start with it will include all of the database updates included in that patch.  Make sure your opponent starts with the exact same patch level as you.  The ongoing beta patches are adding and testing some fixes and small additions to the game.  At any time that you and your opponent want to move to it, you can just copy over the .exe file and continue running your existing game.  I know several players are using the beta patch levels in PBEM games, but it is not recommended by Matrix until the patch is finalized and officially released.  

Miller -> RE: About to start a new game, am I up to date? (5/13/2011 1:37:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Miller, you have the most recent official patch, and any new game you start with it will include all of the database updates included in that patch.  Make sure your opponent starts with the exact same patch level as you.  The ongoing beta patches are adding and testing some fixes and small additions to the game.  At any time that you and your opponent want to move to it, you can just copy over the .exe file and continue running your existing game.  I know several players are using the beta patch levels in PBEM games, but it is not recommended by Matrix until the patch is finalized and officially released.  

OK thanks for that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI