Naval Combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support

AndyH -> Naval Combat (5/15/2011 9:25:35 PM)

One of my pet complaints about AT WW2 - an otherwise brilliant game - is the inability to conduct naval combat at a distance (i.e. naval units needs to adjacent to one another in order to engage). I have posted on this to the forum a couple of times.

I have not yet bought AT Gold but I notice with interest that it has an improved editor. Would the new editor enable me to increase the range of naval weaponry (in other words enable naval weaponry to have some of the characteristics of land artillery)?

Thanks

Andrew

Vic -> RE: Naval Combat (5/16/2011 8:53:45 AM)

no. sorry andrew. it is still something i might look into in the further future. i am not saying your suggestions do not have merrit. i think they do.

best,
vic

Twotribes -> RE: Naval Combat (5/16/2011 10:41:42 AM)

Really the only weapons that might allow more then adjacent combat would be New tech with Battleship size Guns. Cruisers are incapable of being big enough to sustain a large enough weapon based GUN to allow multirange. And as far as I can tell we only have rudimentary rocketry in the game.

Tufkal2 -> RE: Naval Combat (5/16/2011 11:10:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

no. sorry andrew. it is still something i might look into in the further future. i am not saying your suggestions do not have merrit. i think they do.

best,
vic

Taking into account that ATG has a truly very nice editor to allow nearly endless modding opportunities I think naval combat range would be a really cool feature addition. In addition to rocketry it would also allow for some tactically oriented scenarios as well as space-based...

AndyH -> RE: Naval Combat (5/16/2011 3:36:04 PM)

Vic, Thanks for your reply. Disappointed obviously, but hopeful that this feature might make it into a future version.

Andrew

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI