Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

moet -> Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/17/2011 8:05:29 PM)

Who co-developped PCO with Matrix, Koios or Black Hand ? Are those two companies the same ?

Mobius -> RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/17/2011 9:13:05 PM)

No.
Koios was the original developer. Based in Texas I believe.
Black Hand is the follow-on developer. It is in a nuke proof bunker 2000 ft. under Cheyenne mountain.
Or in the internet cloud.
I'm not sure.
[:D]

mbar -> RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/17/2011 9:17:57 PM)

I'm pretty sure Koios folded awhile back which is too bad because they made good games.

My theory on Black Hand Studios is it's whoever is working on a current Matrix product not connected with a development house.

VicKevlar -> RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/17/2011 9:28:18 PM)

Black Hand=Matrix

It's the internal development team.

Registrant:

David Heath
1021 North Market Plaza
Suite 107-146
Pueblo West, CO 81007
US

Domain Name: BLACKHANDSTUDIOS.COM

Administrative Contact :

Heath, David
davidh@strategy3tactics.com
1021 North Market Plaza
Suite 107-146
Pueblo West, CO 81007
US
Phone: 719 253-2892
Fax: 719 547-4723

benpark -> RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/17/2011 9:53:20 PM)

You can look in the "Mods" folder to see a few of our names, and what we added. Others worked on areas of scenario design and coding- they can introduce themselves at some point, or not. You could also look at the credits, but who ever does that?

moet -> RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/18/2011 2:01:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: benpark
You can look in the "Mods" folder to see a few of our names, and what we added. Others worked on areas of scenario design and coding- they can introduce themselves at some point, or not. You could also look at the credits, but who ever does that?

That's the point. On Matrix website, we can see that "Black Hand" is the developer, but inside the game (including the Credits page) we just see "Koios Works". "Black Hand" is not mentioned, only the "Matrix team" around David Heat.

That's why I asked the question. But now I understand that "Black Hand Studios" is a kind of special "Matrix team".

Erik Rutins -> RE: Koios Works or Black Hand Studios (5/18/2011 2:32:48 AM)

Hi guys,

"Black Hand Studios" is indeed the name of our internal development projects. However, it would be a disservice to the team to say that this was just a Matrix project. While we were involved, as we have been in Panzer Command throughout, this was a project initiated and carried through by the community team - a group of volunteers from the community who started out as testers and modders and programmers and over time became a development team. Panzer Command Ostfront very much reflects their vision of what Panzer Command could be and they did an amazing job.

However, despite all their talents they could not come up with a name for their own group [;)], so we used our internal name for them for this project.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI