Maybe a tech suport issue? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

turkey -> Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/18/2011 12:00:12 PM)

Hi. Has anyone else found that for the last heaven only knows how long, the search facility in the WitP forum has not been working? [X(][X(] Is there any plan to fix this?

herwin -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/18/2011 12:38:51 PM)

Do a google search with site:www.matrixgames.com/forums/

tocaff -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/18/2011 8:55:30 PM)

The search function has always been, shall we say less than optimal.

rtrapasso -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/18/2011 9:15:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

The search function has always been, shall we say less than optimal.

It actually used to work quite nicely, but they did a forum software upgrade several years ago, and it has been broken ever since.

turkey -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/19/2011 10:33:37 AM)

That is my experience also rtrapasso.[:(] So the search really is broken and it’s not just that i can't make it work!! Maybe the technical wizards at Matrix would be able to dump the old forum datafile into a spread sheet and put it somewhere we can access it, so the answers that are contained therein are not lost to the current generations of WitP players.

tocaff -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/19/2011 1:15:54 PM)

Don't be bashful about asking questions.  We all did and do as there is always something new to learn.

rtrapasso -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/19/2011 9:43:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: turkey

That is my experience also rtrapasso.[:(] So the search really is broken and it’s not just that i can't make it work!! Maybe the technical wizards at Matrix would be able to dump the old forum datafile into a spread sheet and put it somewhere we can access it, so the answers that are contained therein are not lost to the current generations of WitP players.

you can get it to work (sort of) by playing some tricks on it... using "advanced search" and loosening the criteria ("less precise match") will often allow a pretty good search... not as good as the old software, but not terrible either.

herwin -> RE: Maybe a tech suport issue? (5/19/2011 9:59:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: turkey

you can get it to work (sort of) by playing some tricks on it... using "advanced search" and loosening the criteria ("less precise match") will often allow a pretty good search... not as good as the old software, but not terrible either.

As I noted earlier, Google works fine. Use site:www.matrixgames.com to limit the search to www.matrixgames.com.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI