Newbie neds help with scenario 01 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

Soma -> Newbie neds help with scenario 01 (10/7/2002 12:59:06 AM)

Hi there !

I'm no grognard, but have already played many other WWII games (tactical and srategical ones).

UV is a really fascinating game with an uncommon theater (for me as a german player).
And it's really no simple game (even with the big manual).

I played the tutorial as stated in the manual and also tried the little Battle scenario afterwards.

Then I thought I could try out the first short scenario, but everytime the AI wiped the floor with me ! :mad:

My problem is, that I haven't the smallest idea how to transport my australien troops in Brisbane !
There are the 18th, 21st, 25th and 1st motorised Aus Bde, but I cant get them anywhere (not by plane and not with the AP's stationed in Brisbane).

The Jap AI lands his troops with AP's where he want's, but the only outfits I can relocate are some engineers by Dakotas. And that takes some turns !!!

Did I do something wrong or is this scenario designed for teh Allied player not to have transportable troops or what ?

Without catching some jap bases, I couldn't do anything against getting defeated !

Another question would be, what the support numbers of the bases mean and how these could be raised !

The manual is big, but it still leaves me with a couple of questions !

Thanks for some tipps and hints and bye,

Martin

PS: Please excuse my bad english, exspecially the grammar and the spelling ! ;)

Spooky -> (10/7/2002 2:36:42 AM)

Welcome to the board :)

Some Aussies units -those with Northern Command as HQ) are "home defense" units and cannot leave Australia - (manual p.119).

It means you cannot put them in APs but you can move them by road ...

BTW, just check the FAQ in the website below - maybe it can help you

Spooky

Soma -> Thanks ! (10/7/2002 12:07:24 PM)

Thank you, Spooky !

I've read the manual yesterday once again and then I stumbled over part with the description of the game options. And there it stood and whispered " read your manual, read your manual".

Sorry for bothering, next time I WILL read the whole thing. :)
Bye,

Martin

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI