Wild Bill Poll (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Don Doom -> Wild Bill Poll (12/28/2000 10:00:00 AM)

OK Gents. I would like to find out what everyone thinks is Mr Bill's best Campain or Battle. Thanks Don

Wild Bill -> (12/28/2000 10:03:00 AM)

Good idea, Don. That will help me (and others) a lot in planning for the future campaigns that we hope to do for SPWAW. I'll be watching this with keen interest! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

RUsco -> (12/28/2000 10:21:00 AM)

With out a dought, Utah to the Rhine. Nail biter till the end. Lots of suprises. 2nd Watchword Freedom.

Leibstandarte -> (12/28/2000 10:53:00 AM)

Campaign would definitly be Utah to the Rhine. Scenarios it's hard to say. I enjoy them all. If I had to narrow it down I would say the D-Day beach series. Although the smaller battles are excellent as well. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Christophe Jaureguiberry -> (12/28/2000 10:54:00 AM)

For battles: "Lion of Ethiopia" Damn! I had so much fun playing that one! Regards, Christophe

Tankhead -> (12/28/2000 4:39:00 PM)

For campaign From Utah to the Rhine. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] For battles it's a hard choice since I like them all. What can I say [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

lnp4668 -> (12/28/2000 9:15:00 PM)

Definitely U2R, but Watchword Freedom is a close second, only because it was too short.

degen -> (12/28/2000 9:26:00 PM)

My vote is for Utah to Rhine. Wild Bill really out did himself on this one by making a campaign with so much depth and variety.

Wild Bill -> (12/29/2000 2:31:00 AM)

I see some of you like the longer campaigns. I'll keep that in mind for the future [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Thanks for the input, gentlemen! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

David F. Wall -> (12/29/2000 3:27:00 AM)

I think one of the reasons people like longer campaigns is the chance it gives them to upgrade units. I suspect I'm going to like Utah to the Rhine, if I can keep from getting crushed on the beach. :-)

Daniel Oskar -> (12/29/2000 4:13:00 AM)

Anything Wild Bill does is exceptional, but my favorite is U2R. Its a longer campaign, and was VERY challenging.

Warrior -> (12/29/2000 6:14:00 AM)

Utah to the Rhine is the one I could never finish, it gets my vote, though anytime I want a really challenging fight I always looks for WB's initials. Consistently satisfying!

Joe Osborne -> (12/29/2000 7:05:00 AM)

For a guy who has been strictly a PBEM player I'm loving Watchword: Freedom. Great challenge! Question: Where can I find Utah to Rhine? I've been looking everywhere! Thanks, Joe Osborne

Wild Bill -> (12/29/2000 8:23:00 AM)

The Game Depot has it, Joe. Just type in Utah in title and Wild Bill Wilder in author. I sent you a copy. It's a big one, 1.7 megs but with 23 battles, that ain't bad [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. Enjoy my friend. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

RUsco -> (12/29/2000 12:16:00 PM)

The longer, the better. I don't know about upgrading being #1. I like to see the units gain experiance. I like to watch as they go from rookie to veteran status, and maybe to elite. It really sucks to have a veteran unit destoyed because of your bonehead mistakes. Yes, I do get attatched to my units.

Lars Remmen -> (12/29/2000 3:09:00 PM)

Hello, Hunt 'em down - hard version has to be my favorite scenario. Took me five or six tries to get my forces just right to win. Watchword Freedom is just a little better than U2R IMO. Mainly because of the many different victory conditions. Loved the spoiling attack on the supply/HQ area! I haven't finished U2R yet, so that may just change... ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide

Wild Bill -> (12/29/2000 8:55:00 PM)

Hey Lars! Great to see you here, you old long-time SP warrior! Good hunting!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Mark Ezra -> (12/29/2000 10:02:00 PM)

Preparing the way was great fun and I love the time period. Prehaps a futur Campaign could be dedicated to an illustrious unit like 8th Army, The Big red One, ect

adantas -> (12/30/2000 12:54:00 AM)

Hi folks! my vote for campaing is watchword freedon. First cause I like to play with gemans but I think that could be interesting for new campaings that the player can choose which side he wants to play! Even with The Victors, wouldn't be nice if we could take the command of the Red Army and try to Conquer the Western??? [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Senta à Pua!!!

Wild Bill -> (12/30/2000 2:28:00 AM)

Excellent idea, Adantas! I've been toying for a while with the idea of producing a campaign where you could play one side in one version and another in a second version of the same battle. I had thought seriously of doing this with The Victors, and I may just do it. What do you think, Gamers? Would you like to see that done? Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Tombstone -> (12/30/2000 2:30:00 AM)

My favorite campaign was U2R, and favorite scenario was Prokhorovka for sp3. Tomo

adantas -> (12/30/2000 2:34:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Excellent idea, Adantas! I've been toying for a while with the idea of producing a campaign where you could play one side in one version and another in a second version of the same battle. I had thought seriously of doing this with The Victors, and I may just do it. What do you think, Gamers? Would you like to see that done? Wild Bill
Sounds Great!!! -------------- Senta à Pua!!!

Gallo Rojo -> (12/30/2000 3:50:00 AM)

The large both-sides Eastern Front one that he will do any minute now! I can’t chose one among the others because they’re all great... [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Red Baron -> (12/30/2000 4:52:00 AM)

With out any question..Utah to the Rhine!! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/cool.gif[/img] Regards..Red Baron ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

Wild Bill -> (12/31/2000 2:00:00 PM)

Well, I guess we are going to have to come up with one even better than U2R. We're working on it, guys!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Gallo Rojo -> (1/1/2001 9:56:00 PM)

Hi Wild Bill, a question a little out of the topic: Is there any possibility to have a campaign “map”? I mean: I’m still playing U2R (yes I’m very slowly) and my last two battles (the Patton’s flank defense and Paris –very ugly surprises there) were Decisive Victories. I like to play all the battles and I wondering what would happened if I have had a draw or a marginal victory on one of my DV. Were other battles to play in such case? If the answer is yes, then I could re-play my DV leaving some VO to the poor Germans in order to play all the battles... [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Best Regards

BruceAZ -> (1/1/2001 10:49:00 PM)

Utah to the Rhine without a doubt! I still have bruises... WB, what I like most is the variety of battle. Each scenario is something new but all have a historical flavor. You always keep me guessing... ------------------ "The most important element in war is man. And there are no tougher men than my China Marines." Major Gen. Archer 'Archy' Vandegrift, 1st Marine Division

pops -> (1/2/2001 12:30:00 AM)

The Canadian campaign was my favorite........oops...there wasn't one...my mistake.....(hint...hint.....)

Supervisor -> (1/2/2001 12:56:00 AM)

The most enjoyable campaign to date is "Utah to the Rhine". All scenario's are masterfully done, hard to pick a favorite, have yet to be disappointed. Looking forward to his co-effort "The Victors", rumor has it Wild Bill can't even beat the hard version. It's a dark day when the creation out masters the creator. Keep up the great work!!!!!!! [This message has been edited by gmenfan (edited January 02, 2001).]

Wild Bill -> (1/3/2001 2:07:00 AM)

Pops, I would love to do a Canadian one, if I could just find the material to do one. My written history of Canadian forces if too limited. I think it is long overdue. And Gmenfan, I'm delighted to know they have been that enjoyable for you. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI