RE: Do the developers really exist ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/8/2011 1:37:07 PM)

I'm a CCME virgin. [:D]

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/9/2011 12:06:25 AM)

Further quick thought on Erik's reply that "CCME is a supported release"

I assume that all Matrix games that are not discontinued are supported releases, however there seems to be a big difference between being a "supported release" (e.g. Star Sentinel Tactics) and an "actively supported release" (e.g. Gary Grigsby's War in The East).

Unfortunately it looks like CCME is going to be a "supported release".

As sabre1 has said in another thread if the developer would at least drop by and say hello we all might have a lot more confidence in the ongoing support level the game is going to get.

Again I don't regret buying the game but as things stand I would be hesitant to recommend it to friends against a number of other equally good games.

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/13/2011 10:32:31 PM)

Someone needs to post the tumbleweed in this thread. Just rolling on through guys, nothing to see, just rolling on through...

Usually, new games get lots of developer support, and then...things start to fade out.

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/13/2011 10:36:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
I'm sorry we've been quiet. The developer does exist and we are working on finishing the first update. I hope to have more news for you all soon, but CCME is a supported release.

Hi Erik

When you say 'soon' any ideas when? Another week has gone by and nothing [:(]

Cheers

stormbringer3 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 4:16:13 AM)

We're all familiar with vaporware. Could this be one of the first known cases of vapor developer?

Rosseau -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 7:44:13 AM)

I don't think one poster, including myself, has been anything less than positive about the game itself. Hopefully, they will stir things up with a patch and/or a few new scenarios, anything to raise the interest level and sell more copies.

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 9:34:40 AM)

Now I'm not being a stalker or anything like that but ... the developer hasn't even logged onto the Matrix forums since the beginning of May!

Is he even aware of our questions? More worringly, if he is it really wouldn't take too much to just put out a reassuring one-liner. It does appear to show a certain degree of arrogance and/or apathy for the title. Besides it would do a lot to stop the developer jokes ... never a good sign.

From a marketing point of view, if I was thinking of buying the game I'd be having second thoughts before taking the plunge.

Cheers

Magpius -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 12:48:18 PM)

perhaps we need to scale up the nastiness, until it gets so bad that they have to lock the thread or give us a warning.
At least then we would know that they are reading the posts.

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 12:54:43 PM)

I don't really do nastiness ... I may be a pirate but I'm a Libran pirate who takes a balanced view of life [;)]

Besides the sun is shining here in the UK so not really a day to be unpleasant [:)]

Cheers

Chackal -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 1:25:47 PM)

Even the Isle of Man is sunny, a day to remember [:D]

I like this game but tbh I regret buying it, this is ridiculous...

sabre1 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 1:32:01 PM)

A nice pirate? That's an oxymoron.

Well I don't know what we are complaining about. We got a beta patch to fix PBEM. I mean come on, what are we whinning about. lol[:D][8|][:'(]

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 11:06:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PirateJock

Now I'm not being a stalker or anything like that but ... the developer hasn't even logged onto the Matrix forums since the beginning of May!

Is he even aware of our questions? More worringly, if he is it really wouldn't take too much to just put out a reassuring one-liner. It does appear to show a certain degree of arrogance and/or apathy for the title. Besides it would do a lot to stop the developer jokes ... never a good sign.

From a marketing point of view, if I was thinking of buying the game I'd be having second thoughts before taking the plunge.

Cheers

Agreed

Though it is now getting to the point of being beyond a joke.

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 11:08:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PirateJock

I don't really do nastiness ... I may be a pirate but I'm a Libran pirate who takes a balanced view of life [;)]

Besides the sun is shining here in the UK so not really a day to be unpleasant [:)]

Cheers

I believe PirateJock could be Captain Pugwash (this may make no sense at all to you unless you are of a certain age and from the UK)

Magpius -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/14/2011 11:13:05 PM)

Even in Aus we got the good captain, but I'm not volunteering to be Master Bates. [:D]
(Thinking about that show, same animation as South Park, but 30 years earlier.)
Certain Age = about 40+ years me thinks.

time for a new matrix sig... no game left behind

PirateJock -> RE: Do the developers really exist ? (6/15/2011 10:56:38 AM)

Captain Pugwash!!! I am insulted ... my pirate honour is besmirched!

And before the thread shoots off on the usual tangent when Captain Pugwash is mentioned, have a look here regarding the crew's names

Shiver me timbers

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI