Counter Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

HercMighty -> Counter Question (6/13/2011 9:30:21 PM)

Hey everyone...just trying to learn this game and got a question. I know on your units counters can have CV and Move Values but what is the 1=2, 1=3, etc... on enemy counters telling me?

Thanks

Fänrik Stål -> RE: Counter Question (6/13/2011 10:48:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HercMighty

Hey everyone...just trying to learn this game and got a question. I know on your units counters can have CV and Move Values but what is the 1=2, 1=3, etc... on enemy counters telling me?

Thanks

Offensive and defensive CV.

cookie monster -> RE: Counter Question (6/13/2011 10:48:56 PM)

Enemy counters list AV then defensive modified Assault Value. It adds in forts and terrain etc.

HercMighty -> RE: Counter Question (6/13/2011 10:57:17 PM)

Thanks!

Manual is huge and findings things can be a bit of a chore, didn't see this mentioned but I must have missed it.

Mynok -> RE: Counter Question (6/13/2011 11:16:23 PM)

Doesn't your PDF reader have search capability? [&:]

HercMighty -> RE: Counter Question (6/13/2011 11:52:24 PM)

Sure it does. But what would I have searched for? I had no idea what they meant...

And I didn't find a picture that seemed to relate to what was looking for...

gradenko2k -> RE: Counter Question (6/14/2011 12:50:15 AM)

If it's 1-1, then the first number is the offensive CV while the second number is the amount of remaining Movement Points. The game defaults to this for the currently playing player.

If it's 1=1, then the first number is the offensive CV while the second number is the defensive CV. The game always shows the non-playing player's counters in this mode, since if you're not playing then you're not moving, so you never need to see the MPs

Mynok -> RE: Counter Question (6/14/2011 3:03:34 AM)

quote:

Sure it does. But what would I have searched for? I had no idea what they meant...

And I didn't find a picture that seemed to relate to what was looking for...

Good point. I figured it out by switching my own display between Move and Combat and once I saw that the 1=1 stuff was the combat display, it was a short bit of logic to understand what it was displaying for the Soviets.

kirkgregerson -> RE: Counter Question (6/14/2011 5:57:47 AM)

quote:

Thanks

Use the 'z' hotkey to toggle this display for friendly combat troops. As people stated all enemy combat troops will show the ?=? format as default.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI