Installation issues with win 7 64 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support

sylvestris -> Installation issues with win 7 64 (6/14/2011 2:36:57 PM)

Hi, just purchased this game and it won't install. Here's the message:

The version of this file is not compitable with the version of Windows you're running. check your computer system's information to see whether you need and x86 (2 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I know there's a post about the same issue, but I wanted to make my own post to make sure it's not lost or forgotten. If it's a problem you can move the post.

Please help me with this issue Matrix!

Regards

Mattias

NJMarshall -> RE: Installation issues with win 7 64 (6/16/2011 3:24:12 AM)

I purchased the game today and am receiving the same error.

The downloaded file is 39 bytes, there is no way that's an installer.

To add insult to injury, trying to register on the Support website with any of my email addresses says "your email address is invalid".

So far I'm out $50 and have no working game and no working download.

Disgusted.

silverarrows -> RE: Installation issues with win 7 64 (6/16/2011 6:57:58 AM)

so that's three of us who have purchased the game in the last few days and have the same problem. I had my download reset so I could try and download it again - The file was again 39 bytes.

can someone from Matrix check the download?

still hoping to play this game as I have very fond memories of this game from my youth.

Regards

Blair

Andrew Williams -> RE: Installation issues with win 7 64 (6/16/2011 7:47:52 AM)

A new update is due out... that may be effecting the download.

RD Oddball -> RE: Installation issues with win 7 64 (6/16/2011 2:24:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sylvestris

Hi, just purchased this game and it won't install. Here's the message:

The version of this file is not compitable with the version of Windows you're running. check your computer system's information to see whether you need and x86 (2 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I know there's a post about the same issue, but I wanted to make my own post to make sure it's not lost or forgotten. If it's a problem you can move the post.

Please help me with this issue Matrix!

Regards

Mattias

Thanks Andrew.

Thanks for making sure it was understood you also had an issue with the installer Mattias. It was noted in the other thread(s) you posted. They're looking into it. Acknowledged NJMarshall and silverarrows. They're aware of the issue and addressing it. Thanks for continuing to be patient.

RD Oddball -> RE: Installation issues with win 7 64 (6/16/2011 2:26:32 PM)

I suggest tracking the issue in this thread since that is being watched by the folks working on it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI