Name this Cockpit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

SargeantTex -> Name this Cockpit (6/21/2011 11:50:22 PM)

Allright this is gonna be like Jeopardy I want it answered in the form of a question!! will be starting a new series of brain teasers concerning the Pacific War will deal with pictures and questions about Trivia about certain events in the war!! let the games begin!![:D]

[image]local://upfiles/18752/EBFA3714FF71482E8817CCFAEA760333.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/21/2011 11:56:45 PM)

What is the Avro Anson?

AW1Steve -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/21/2011 11:57:55 PM)

What is an A-20 Havoc?

Terminus -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/21/2011 11:58:54 PM)

The nose is pointing upwards. It's a taildragger...

Terminus -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 12:01:30 AM)

Not the Anson, which had two people up front. It's a Blenheim...

Sorry, what's a Blenheim?

Terminus -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 12:02:24 AM)

BTW, a tip for the OP: rename the pics you use to something like "noname.jpg". There's too many hints otherwise.

wdolson -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 12:10:24 AM)

What is a Bristol Blenheim IV?  (I did always think Jeopardy was kind of silly)

I believe that's the worlds only flying Blenheim.  You can see the modern radio on the right hand side of the instrument panel.

Bill

SargeantTex -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 12:36:50 AM)

Blenheim it is!!! Too bad they dont have strictly a history Jeopardy would love to audition for show its things like 17th century literature and famous poets that would have me gettin my ass kicked on that show!!

Fallschirmjager -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 12:44:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SargeantTex

Blenheim it is!!! Too bad they dont have strictly a history Jeopardy would love to audition for show its things like 17th century literature and famous poets that would have me gettin my ass kicked on that show!!

I got pretty far on preliminary selection for college Jeopardy without actually being on TV. There were some topics I thought I knew forwards and backwards like history of the Civil War and Renaissance Italy. But I still had my ass kicked. I can say from my experience that they truly put the elite of the elite onto their shows.

SargeantTex -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 12:57:42 AM)

Yea I always loved watching celebrity jeopardy because I have seen them get answers wrong or not even be able to answer questions I knew since elementary[:D][:D]

wdolson -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 1:21:05 AM)

A childhood friend was on Jeopardy and won a bit of money.  I think about $10,000.  He wasn't the brightest guy I've ever known, but he has a very good memory.  He was always top student in the class, but he couldn't figure out anything on his own.

I had another guy like that in my high school class and another classmate described him as having a massive amount of RAM, but a 2 bit microprocessor.

Bill

budman999 -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 2:36:41 AM)

I casually know a Jeopardy 5-time champ (this was when you could win 5 times maximum).
Very bright fellow, an insurance adjuster.
Played many rounds of trivia games versus him. Always a good moment when I beat him :)

jeffk3510 -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 3:44:48 AM)

"Say kid, ever been inside a cockpit?"

"No sir, I've never even been in an airplane!"

warspite1 -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 7:04:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Warspite1

[:)]

"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

ilovestrategy -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 9:25:32 AM)

quote:

I saw that in the theater when it came out. Good Lord, did I laugh! [:D]

Reg -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 11:53:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

What is a Bristol Blenheim IV?  (I did always think Jeopardy was kind of silly)

I believe that's the worlds only flying Blenheim.  You can see the modern radio on the right hand side of the instrument panel.

Bill

Just to be a little bit picky, wouldn't "What is a Fairchild Bolingbroke IV-T? be a better answer???

For general interest that photo must have been taken a while ago and this particular aircraft (RCAF 10201/G-BPIV) is currently being rebuilt (for the third time after the 2003 crash) as a Blenheim Mk1 with the snub nose.

Note also another Bolingbroke visible through the wind screen. This is probably Duxford's RCAF 10038/G-Mk.IV or RCAF 9893.

This is what G-BPIV looks like now (May 2010):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36928008@N08/4628970180/in/photostream/

And this is where the forward fuselage came from: (Should have kept this pic for a 'Name This' thread...):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36928008@N08/4628969846/in/photostream/

pmelheck1 -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 1:45:04 PM)

I also remember seeing airplane in the theater when it came out. To me their has never been anything quite like it. Both my kids love it as well and regularly play the DVD.

On the above photos all I'll say is that car is up there with the ugliest cars I've ever seen. If you ever saw that thing I don't think you would be able to get it out of you mind...[X(]

jeffk3510 -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/22/2011 2:35:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

[:)]

"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

"Ever seen a grown man..naked?"

"Oh, excuse me stewardess, I speak Jive"

Best movie ever.

JeffroK -> RE: Name this Cockpit (6/23/2011 10:28:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullk

I also remember seeing airplane in the theater when it came out. To me their has never been anything quite like it. Both my kids love it as well and regularly play the DVD.

On the above photos all I'll say is that car is up there with the ugliest cars I've ever seen. If you ever saw that thing I don't think you would be able to get it out of you mind...[X(]

It would fit well with the Martin Mariner turned into a Houseboat.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI