ETA on expac? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Larsenex -> ETA on expac? (6/22/2011 7:38:11 PM)

Howdy all. I am still lurking waiting for the next installment of Emperor Fred. Anyway, do we have any idea when we might see the next expac or perhaps game changing update?

How about just plain old wild guesses?

Thanks!

Data -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/22/2011 7:52:04 PM)

quote:

How about just plain old wild guesses?

Don't open this pandora's box....all hell will break loose [:D]

ASHBERY76 -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/22/2011 8:00:12 PM)

Next week.

Data -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/22/2011 8:17:16 PM)

That's nasty, Ash [:)]

Shark7 -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/22/2011 9:01:07 PM)

Matrix Soon...

Which is anytime between now and infinity. [;)]

ASHBERY76 -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/22/2011 10:59:27 PM)

A good check will be when Elliot starts posting again.He likes us when he wants our money.

Larsenex -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 12:36:18 AM)

Woot for one WAG for next week, Thanks Ash!

Delta_V -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 2:10:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Next week.

Nope all of you guys are wrong...its already out and I'm playing it.

J HG T -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 7:44:38 AM)

It's ready when it's ready, and I cannot lie.

EDIT: Ash is always so optimistic. [:)] Still, "'Pessimist' is what an optimist calls a realist"

Data -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 8:29:44 AM)

nothing wrong with wanting our money....he's no good to anyone if he can't exist [:)]

Rising-Sun -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 11:41:54 AM)

End of the year!

AlPhi -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 4:58:33 PM)

ETA on EXPAC? Probably not until a while after the forum members have come up with:

A final expansion name in the 'What name should the future Distant Worlds expansion be?' thread.
The final results of the Poll 'What 8 things would you like to see next in Distant Worlds'.
Agreement on the expansion discussion outcomes of 'Faction/Species characteristics/abilities', 'Leaders/Characters' and 'Borders/Territory'.
The best mix of creatures from 'DW: Creature Competition Thread'.

Just kidding Erik! [;)]

Kayoz -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 4:59:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

EDIT: Ash is always so optimistic. [:)] Still, "'Pessimist' is what an optimist calls a realist"

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
James Branch Cabell, in The Silver Stallion : A Comedy of Redemption (1926)

J HG T -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 5:19:54 PM)

Everything is relative, Kayoz

Anyways, being an optimistic realist I'd say that expansion comes out at some point of Q4 of this year. If we are lucky, late Q3 could be a possibility too.

Data -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 7:07:47 PM)

next question, how do we evaluate the quarters? by the calendar? fiscal year? [:)]

martok -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 8:59:05 PM)

Given that most expansion packs take at least a year to make -- even for smaller-budge titles like Distant Worlds -- plus the fact that both the original game plus Return of the Shakturi were released in March/April, it's not unreasonable to guess that the second expansion might be out around the same time (late Q1/early Q2 of next year).

Anyone who believes the second expansion will be released anytime in 2011 is almost certainly being ridiculously optimistic. (But for those who do believe this, I have some lovely oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you! [:'(] )

Bingeling -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 9:13:53 PM)

One thing is the date of the "launched" sticky for return of the shakturi:

12/16/2010

This is not April 2011 :-)

The announce sticky for Distant Worlds:

3/25/2010

This is a 9 month update cycle.

It would be rather silly to start a hype for the expansion if it is almost a year to launch, but it would not be the first time someone is silly when it comes to game launches.

I think that towards the end of this year is likely. Maybe even with some days to spare.

cookie monster -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/23/2011 9:20:05 PM)

The core of DW is already made, the GUI is complete albeit clunky.

How much extra content are they actually gonna pack into the game?

Yes I know leaders/borders etc...

I'm expecting the add on before the end of the year.

In the mean time I'm interested in sunning myself on a beach in Arizona.

Kayoz -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/24/2011 12:35:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

... I'm interested in sunning myself on a beach in Arizona

I think the surfing technical level in Arizona is about at my skill level...

Data -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/24/2011 6:21:18 AM)

quote:

Why not get all our asses there, this way we can speculate about the expansion release date without feeling the impact of being overly optimistic....though we might forget about it alltogether [:)]

Shark7 -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/25/2011 3:30:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

quote:

Why not get all our asses there, this way we can speculate about the expansion release date without feeling the impact of being overly optimistic....though we might forget about it alltogether [:)]

Hmm, a beach in Arizona...getting us all there...yeah, good luck with that. [:'(]

J HG T -> RE: ETA on expac? (6/25/2011 8:42:42 AM)

Never say never, Shark7!

[image]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews46/spaceballs_blu-ray/spaceballs_blu-ray_33.jpg[/image]

GET IN THE VAN!

MaxyGamer -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/8/2011 11:55:31 AM)

There ain't gonna be another expansion. This is it. You'r playing the best space strategy game on earth. No need no expand it any further. We've got it all. .... We have the best version of the game. The final product. ..... Seriously now. You don't have to stop playing the game knowing that a better version of is it to be released soon. All you have to do is just keep telling yourself that this is it. Nobody is working on this game any longer since they have pretty uch perfected it.....

I HATE when an expansion talk starts. Developers drop a hint that we are going to update your game and make it even better and that's it. That kills it for me. I simply CANNOT wait for the expansion! It ...is... too painful *cries* ....Look...Look.... I... I want me mommy....

ehsumrell1 -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/8/2011 8:25:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MaxyGamer

I HATE when an expansion talk starts. Developers drop a hint that we are going to update your game and make it even better and that's it. That kills it for me. I simply CANNOT wait for the expansion! It ...is... too painful *cries* ....Look...Look.... I... I want me mommy....

It's okay Maxy.... Listen, just visit Igard's Cargo Bay, drink some
of his vintage Romulan Ale and get a neck rub by one of his 'few'
remaining Orion Slave Girls (before they're all stolen) [:D]

Everything will be MUCH better! [:)]

Data -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/8/2011 9:09:30 PM)

Yap, just don't think about the expan....arghhh, nooo, not again[sm=Crazy-1271.gif]

tjhkkr -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/9/2011 6:23:40 AM)

quote:

I thought the beaches in Arizona are called deserts???
Does Arizona have any coast line? I just checked a map... it does not.

Either IGard is doing a really good job 'cloaking' Mexico, or Cookie Monster has gotten into the Romulan Ale. [8D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/10/2011 10:08:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

Either IGard is doing a really good job 'cloaking' Mexico, or Cookie Monster has gotten into the Romulan Ale. [8D]

Those damn Orion Slave Girls can REALLY make one hallucinate can't they! [sm=crazy.gif]

Wow....beaches in Arizona....lol!

Kayoz -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/11/2011 12:34:05 AM)

quote:

[image]http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/demotivators/ironytshirt.jpg[/image]

tjhkkr -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/11/2011 11:16:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
quote:

quote:

I thought the beaches in Arizona are called deserts??? Does Arizona have any coast line? I just checked a map... it does not. Either IGard is doing a really good job 'cloaking' Mexico, or Cookie Monster has gotten into the Romulan Ale. [8D]

Those damn Orion Slave Girls can REALLY make one hallucinate can't they! [sm=crazy.gif]
Wow....beaches in Arizona....lol!

So I am booking my vacation: where is the best beach in Arizona? Can I get some Romulan Ale...
I can see it now: me on that beach... catching some rays, Romulan Ale, my favorite book... rattle snakes, tarantulas, area 51 (wait that is in Nevada.)

Okay guys cut me some slack: we have had so much rain in StL, it would not surprise me if Mexico was flooded out. [:D]

tjhkkr -> RE: ETA on expac? (7/11/2011 11:25:23 PM)

You want the ultimate: I googled Arizona Beaches...
http://beaches.uptake.com/arizona.html

So today I happily unveil to you a great suggestion:
We should have the first ever DW:ROTS Convention there on the wonderful beaches of Flagstaff.
Ever wanted to meet the face behind Erik and Elliot, come to the first annual DW:ROTS Convention...

[:D]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI