Color coded letters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series

jmhall52 -> Color coded letters (6/24/2011 8:04:27 AM)

According to the manual, hitting the "tab" key toggles the information on the COCO2 unit counters back and forth between (for example) attack strength & defense strength and division number & regiment number; however, it doesn't mention the third configuration in which color coded letters appear (e.g. D, F & N). Does anyone happen to know what these letters mean? I've figured out that units in command have a "D" in the left box while units out of command have an "N", but I can't find any information on what the "D" and the "N" actually stand for, nor can I find anything in the manual that tells me what the letter(s) on the right mean. Any ideas???

Obsolete -> RE: Color coded letters (6/24/2011 8:10:34 AM)

The letters on the right are for Supply. Basically, I just look at the color coding, which is far quicker on the brain than reading alpha characters. Green = Good, Red = problems.

It's been brought up before a few times as to what the characters actually stand for. That escapes me at the moment...

Fred98 -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 5:58:10 AM)

The letters on the left refer to command.

A red “N” = out of command
A green “F” = in command
I suggest changing the “F” to a “C”
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The letters on the right refer to Supply.

The levels of supply are:
None
Limited
Full

A red “N” = None
A green “F” = Full
I hope Limited is represented by a orange “L” but I have never seen it.

-

jmhall52 -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 6:39:11 AM)

Thanks, Joe 98. After looking at the units in several different scenarios, I've come to some of the same conclusions:

The color coded letters on the left do refer to command status -

A red "N" => out of command (don't know what the "N" stands for...)
A green "D" => in command (don't know what the "D" stands for...)

I haven't seen a green "F on the left yet, but I have seen a yellow "R" on a Japanese HQ unit in the Guadalcanal scenario (who knows what it means though...)

The color coded letters on the right do refer to supply status -

A red "N" => None
A yellow "L" => Limited
A green "F" => Full

We've almost got this figured out (too bad they didn't include it in the manual...).

PirateJock -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 8:10:58 AM)

quote:

but I have seen a yellow "R" on a Japanese HQ unit in the Guadalcanal scenario

It stands for Regiment - that unit has not been attached to a Divisional HQ; it also doesn't appear on the OOB. I haven't played that scenario but there looks like there's a also couple of units that aren't attached to a Regimental HQ as well.

Cheers

jmhall52 -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 3:36:17 PM)

Well, if a yellow "R" on the left stands for Regiment, then the green "D" must stand for Division and the red "N" for None (out of command).

That (I thing) would complete the explanation the pantheon of color coded letters on the COCO2 units. Thanks guys...

jmhall52 -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 3:46:37 PM)

Now the only thing I want to know is what time zone this forum is in. I just noticed that my last post is listed at 6/26/2011 3:36:17 PM. If that's true then I overslept, because I could have sworn it was only 7:36 AM here in California. Does this mean that this forum server is located in the UK?

sabre1 -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 4:06:32 PM)

8:06 [:D]

junk2drive -> RE: Color coded letters (6/26/2011 6:19:17 PM)

At the top of the webpage click My Profile and see what time zone you have set. It is probably at some default from when you joined.

Obsolete -> RE: Color coded letters (6/27/2011 6:53:16 AM)

quote:

I haven't seen a green "F on the left yet, but I have seen a yellow "R" on a Japanese HQ unit in the Guadalcanal scenario (who knows what it means though...)

In the East/South there is a unit or so that isn't correctly attached in that scenario. I used to think this was an over-sight by the scenario designer for a while, but after paying attention to the situation briefing, it seemed this was done for historical purposes, since the units were so out-of-array there upon landing that HQs were all mixed up, etc.

PirateJock -> RE: Color coded letters (6/27/2011 8:33:46 AM)

^
Thought it'd be something like that. I assume that you just reattach the units once you are playing.

Cheers

tombo -> RE: Color coded letters (11/12/2011 3:18:31 PM)

Help.

Playing San Pietro scn as allies...i get the yellow R on the left side. This shows up for all units in the Reg including HQ.

Do we know what it means?
[&:]

Fred98 -> RE: Color coded letters (11/13/2011 3:39:08 AM)

I don't know.

We never got an explanation.

dashuaige25 -> RE: Color coded letters (11/16/2011 10:36:30 AM)

I just look at the color coding, which is far quicker on the brain than reading alpha characters. Green = Good, Red = problems.。。。

Diablo III Gold|Diablo 3 News|Diablo 3 Accounts

Fred98 -> RE: Color coded letters (12/30/2011 3:05:55 AM)

I wonder if we can get a full explanation sometime

Fred98 -> RE: Color coded letters (1/8/2012 9:04:34 PM)

Bump

madorosh -> RE: Color coded letters (1/22/2012 8:17:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmhall52

Well, if a yellow "R" on the left stands for Regiment, then the green "D" must stand for Division and the red "N" for None (out of command).

That (I think) would complete the explanation the pantheon of color coded letters on the COCO2 units. Thanks guys...

Just installed my copy today - the manual is VERY thin so threads like this are comforting in letting me know I'm not losing my mind.

The game itself is a nice find. Unique scale and I really like the game editor.

Thanks for posting the explanation of the letters; was driving me buggy.

Fred98 -> RE: Color coded letters (2/24/2012 10:43:46 PM)

WE have now heard what the letters mean

The left is the Command Level:
-Red N - Not in command
-Yellow R - In command with Regiment only
-Green D - In command with Division

The right is Supply Level:
-Red N - Not in supply
-Yellow L - Limited Supply
-Green F - Full Supply

madorosh -> RE: Color coded letters (2/24/2012 10:46:07 PM)

That's a little more intuitive, then, thanks for the update. Red is stop, yellow is caution, and green is go.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI