Commissioning date of Yamato (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Saburo Kurusu -> Commissioning date of Yamato (6/24/2011 10:36:29 PM)

Hi folks,

I wonder why this seems to have never been asked before, at least various search engine trials remained fruitless......
But why don't we see Yamato coming into game at Dec 16th of 1941? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but thanks very much to anyone for kindly lighting me up!

[sm=00000734.gif]

[sm=character0267.gif]

sprior -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/24/2011 10:39:49 PM)

Commissioning date isn't combat ready. When a ship is commissioned it's passed from civilian to navy control. After that you need crew training, minor defect remedies, shake down cruises and all the other things that goes into making a ship combat ready.

Terminus -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/24/2011 10:45:28 PM)

And it's been asked before, but the search function isn't...

Saburo Kurusu -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/24/2011 10:46:10 PM)

Thanks very much for the fast answer, sprior! I'm an idiot and should have read Yamato's TROM further at http://www.combinedfleet.com/yamato.htm....

"27 May 1942:
YAMATO is deemed operational."

As told before:

[sm=00000734.gif]

Another case for the "Kangaroo Court"

Shark7 -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/25/2011 12:26:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saburo Kurusu

Thanks very much for the fast answer, sprior! I'm an idiot and should have read Yamato's TROM further at http://www.combinedfleet.com/yamato.htm....

"27 May 1942:
YAMATO is deemed operational."

As told before:

[sm=00000734.gif]

Another case for the "Kangaroo Court"

The problem with that is you end up paying a ton of NSY points on a ship that was fully built, but needed some additional yard and training time to get up to speed. Local Yokel has come up with a good solution (as I see it) bringing Yamato and Musashi in on their historical commissioning dates, but with a defective main battery that requires you send it to a repair yard to upgrade immediately to get them to 'fully operational' status. You can either try to use it early, but with virtually no combat effectiveness, or you can send it immediately to a RSY and 'fix' the main battery issues...which costs time and RSY points, but not NSY points.

Reg -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/25/2011 12:48:50 AM)

I can see it already.... [:D]

Hundreds of angry posts - "I got this new super battleship and it can't fight its way out of a wet paper bag!!!" [X(]

Shark7 -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/25/2011 3:22:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

I can see it already.... [:D]

Hundreds of angry posts - "I got this new super battleship and it can't fight its way out of a wet paper bag!!!" [X(]

If you are going to play as Japan, by 1944-45 you'd better get used to that fact. [;)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/27/2011 3:14:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saburo Kurusu

Hi folks,

I wonder why this seems to have never been asked before, at least various search engine trials remained fruitless......But why don't we see Yamato coming into game at Dec 16th of 1941? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but thanks very much to anyone for kindly lighting me up!

[sm=00000734.gif]

It works I tell you! [:D]

[sm=character0267.gif]

Shark7 -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/27/2011 7:08:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

And it's been asked before, but the search function isn't...

The forum search function tends to give 1 result no matter your search...

NO MATCHES FOUND

The last time I needed to find some info that I knew had been discussed before, I just had to go through the whole Scenorio Design and Modding forum till I found it, because apparently I am a better search engine than the forum's search engine. [:@]

lecrop -> RE: Commissioning date of Yamato (6/27/2011 7:19:11 PM)

[image]http://www.1800prepare.com/product_images/m/box_of_50_waterproof_matches__64968.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI