autrian insurrection corps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

borner -> autrian insurrection corps (6/26/2011 8:23:56 PM)

When moving into Austria, it appears that the insurrection corps only stop the first corps that move into an area, not the whole stack. Is this how the rule was intended?

NeverMan -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (6/27/2011 2:06:07 PM)

If a corps moves into an area where there is an enemy corps not in a city, that corps must stop movement and delcare an attack.

7.3.7.1 ENEMY CORPS OR CITY GARRISON IN AREA: If during movement a corps moves into an area containing enemy corps not in a city, the corps must cease movement and declare an attack.

So, if this is implemented such that enemy corps can simply "move over" insurrection corps, then it is wrong.

pzgndr -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (6/28/2011 12:16:24 PM)

I ran a quick test.  Turkey moved a corps into an insurrection trigger area.  Austria placed an insurrection corps in the area during its reinforcement phase.  During Turkey's next land phase, the original corps was stopped and could not move.  A second cavalry corps could have moved through the area but was stopped upon entering.  Rule appears to be working as intended.  Are you seeing an enemy corps passing through an insurrection corps and do you have a save?

Or is the concern that a single enemy unit rather than a stack of multiple units is enough to trigger insurrection corps placement?  That's a different issue.

NeverMan -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (6/28/2011 3:18:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

Or is the concern that a single enemy unit rather than a stack of multiple units is enough to trigger insurrection corps placement?  That's a different issue.

no issue for that, that's how it's suppose to work, because you don't move multiple units at a time in the game, you mean corps by corps.

borner -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (7/1/2011 1:05:14 PM)

my move was corps by corps. the first is stopped but the rest may continue on

Mardonius -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (7/1/2011 1:31:35 PM)

Yes. All Corps in that attempt to move through Insurrected area should be obliged to halt; not just the triggering corps.

NeverMan -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (7/4/2011 11:48:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borner

my move was corps by corps. the first is stopped but the rest may continue on

Then it's a bug or a bad understanding of the rules. Each corps, once the insurrection corps appears, that moves into that area HAS to stop, period.

pzgndr -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (7/5/2011 2:36:53 PM)

quote:

Are you seeing an enemy corps passing through an insurrection corps and do you have a save?

Again, is there a save for what appears to be a bug, or more specifics about what corps are passing through which area(s)? Like I said, I ran a simple test and it appeared OK. But maybe there is a glitch with a particular country's unit, the unit type, the specific province, or something else. I can try running some more tests to narrow it down and post something to Mantis; a few more clues would be helpful.

It's fine to report issues, but please provide some more details and preferably a save so Marshall can troubleshoot and fix something.

Zuni76 -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (7/7/2011 12:18:49 PM)

I just wonder if you are dicussing phase in which placement of Insurrection corps is triggered, but they are not on the map (in that case IMO it is working as it should) or phase with Insurrection corps already on the map (then all corps should be stopped) ?

Note that differently to board game, Insurrection corps are not immediately put on the map, when triggered.

NeverMan -> RE: autrian insurrection corps (7/7/2011 4:20:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zuni76

I just wonder if you are dicussing phase in which placement of Insurrection corps is triggered, but they are not on the map (in that case IMO it is working as it should) or phase with Insurrection corps already on the map (then all corps should be stopped) ?

Note that differently to board game, Insurrection corps are not immediately put on the map, when triggered.

Shouldn't matter unless the game is showing them as passed by but at the end of the land movement they have actually stopped.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI