Theoretically Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

sxp -> Theoretically Mod (7/1/2011 7:39:46 PM)

Hi there,

i have some few questions about the possibilities of modding Distant Worlds...
For imagine, if it is possible to stop planet-rotation, changing universe-background, changing engine- and shoot-animations, shipdesigns and techtree, would it be possible to make a tank-mod?

Would give DW a really new gaming-experience, not that i dont like the SciFi-Setting, but would give some great new ideas a new horizon...

thx for any reply :)

sxp

Data -> RE: Theoretically Mod (7/2/2011 8:03:25 AM)

Hi sxp. afaik only changing universe-background and changing engine- and shoot-animations is possible atm but you can make a mod with everything. We all agree it would be cool and we all constantly request more modding support....it is promised in the upcoming expansion, too.

nicodede62 -> RE: Theoretically Mod (7/2/2011 8:56:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data
....it is promised in the upcoming expansion, too.

What ????

So we'll have to pay again to enjoy the modding, which was supposed to be there from the beginning......
[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Data -> RE: Theoretically Mod (7/2/2011 9:50:43 AM)

Actually, if every game had everything it suppose to have from the beginning no more patches / expansions would be needed. Consider also that this is the product of a mainly one man team, that is Elliot. I'm still impressed he managed to get this far.

sxp -> RE: Theoretically Mod (7/2/2011 12:46:20 PM)

Yes, Data is right. I am also software-developer and i am impressed too, alone the AI for the races (incl. your own!) and the possibility for easy modding the game via flatfiles is very impressive.

Compared to some other games, where features hype a game long bevor and never find place in release or any patch / addon later.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI