Sorry Gang (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Hard Sarge -> Sorry Gang (7/5/2011 3:41:14 PM)

last two weeks, been going back and forth between the labs and the doc, finally got that out of the way, last weekend had a overclock failure and two days to get the computer back up

now, my main went totally belly up, they coming out to replace the mother board, 2 vid cards and 12 gigs of ram, should be back up and trying to see what is going by the weekend, next week, sorry for not being here

Zorch -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/5/2011 9:42:35 PM)

No problem! You're a good...no, a great guy. Glad the doc got it figured out.
Whenever it's done is fine with me.

I know how you feel - my hard drive just died.
Like a fool, I didn't have a recent back up.

joey -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/6/2011 6:34:04 PM)

Okay, I give up. What is an overclock failure?

jazman -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/7/2011 1:03:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joey

Okay, I give up. What is an overclock failure?

He burned something up.

In overclocking, you raise the clock speed (CPU and/or memory and/or GPU), to improve performance of machine, and that heats things up. Sometimes you push too far or the cooling doesn't cut it, and things burn out.

joey -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/7/2011 5:00:54 PM)

I would have never got that one on my own. HS seems to have a number of computer issues. Perhaps he pushes them way past their limits. Now crush depth - there is a place I can relate to!

kaybayray -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/7/2011 7:26:04 PM)

Joey <S> [8D]

Dont believe it... an Overclock Failure is actually when you take a lunch break and don't clock out... and get caught..

[:D]

Later,
KayBay

jazman -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/7/2011 8:01:46 PM)

Overclocking is something of a computing hobbyist cult. They often buy liquid cooling systems for their computer innards. Mainstream computing types look on them with a mixture of horror and fascination and envy.

Horror: you could burn up pricey components!
Fascination: you can do that? You do liquid cooling?
Envy: I wish I had the guts.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/8/2011 2:23:49 PM)

Well, it was factory overclocked, so not my fault

hassle  replaced all the parts and nothing, then spent 4 hours with support the next, doing the same things we already did the day before, and the call before, now got a motherboard, 12 gigs of ram, 2 vid cards, a power supply and 2 HARD Drives on there way, all I need is a case and a CPU and it is a brand new computer

so, in others, I am still pretty much down

Hard Sarge -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/27/2011 12:15:35 AM)

Hi Guys
stupid, the power supply blew, all they could see was the vid cards didn't seem to work, so had to be the vid cards (which yea, you need a power supply for the vid cards to work !)

but, got a new mother board, 12 gigs of ram, 2 new Vid Cards, and a new power supply (I wouldnt let them replace the HDs) and got the dang thing working again

but. now of course, I am out of town for the week, trying to talk with David, about what I want to do, what I can do, and if that matches what they want me doing, once we get that all worked out, should be able to tell you more

(sorry for the delays, I thought something might happen to me and I would be out of the picture for a while, so had some back ups in place, as a just in case, only now I find out, nobody used them, oh well)

joey -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/27/2011 3:20:22 AM)

Isn't this your seventh new mother board this year?

Once Joey -> RE: Sorry Gang (7/27/2011 8:17:43 AM)

I am very glad to hear that Hard Sarge is Okay, you are as much the Front Man for this sim as Matrix Games, the tooth-and nails of this Project. I have a bit of a Heart Glich CHF, which is no joke, but "thank you modern medicine"...
I have a question (of-course)...
I was in March 1944 as defender doing some Night-Flying, for some reason, I struck the Keyboard Letter "O" button (by accident), and all of a sudden all flightgroups seemed to "Organize", as though the A.I. had taken control for a bit.
This is not listed in the Game Manual, does anyone know what the Letter "O" Button Hot-Key does (in Action Mode)? It is not in Players Guide (page 114), what exactlly is the command for that key?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI