Aircraft losses in blizzard (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

ParaB -> Aircraft losses in blizzard (7/8/2011 8:08:43 PM)

I'm currently in mid January 1942 with my German grand campaign.

Luftwaffe still has ~3.000 aircraft, with ~2.300 operational. Compared to the brutal losses my ground forces have taken during the blizzard the readiness of AC actually surprised me a bit.

A lot of my squadrons seem fully operational, which doesn't seem quite right.

Am I just an exceptionally gifted commander ( [;)] )or is there something fishy going on?

HRL58 -> RE: Aircraft losses in blizzard (7/8/2011 8:52:14 PM)

Well the Luftwaffe crews and airfield guys usually lived in good well warmed quarters many many miles behind the front [:)]

And they in fact managed to put up a relatively good air support in the first winter, when sigthing conditions where good.

WarHunter -> RE: Aircraft losses in blizzard (7/8/2011 9:05:18 PM)

Have you endured any Airfield attacks? 

herwin -> RE: Aircraft losses in blizzard (7/8/2011 10:27:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HRL58

Well the Luftwaffe crews and airfield guys usually lived in good well warmed quarters many many miles behind the front [:)]

And they in fact managed to put up a relatively good air support in the first winter, when sigthing conditions where good.

A lot of them were in Africa and the Mediterranean...

ComradeP -> RE: Aircraft losses in blizzard (7/9/2011 12:41:21 AM)

The historical Luftwaffe was already attrited down a size, and although crews could keep themselves warm in shelters, there were very few hangars around to put the aircraft in so aircraft readiness rates fell off a cliff.

In the game, air missions have a reduced chance to take place in bad weather, but that's about it.

ParaB -> RE: Aircraft losses in blizzard (7/9/2011 11:16:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Have you endured any Airfield attacks? 

No, not that I remember.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

The historical Luftwaffe was already attrited down a size, and although crews could keep themselves warm in shelters, there were very few hangars around to put the aircraft in so aircraft readiness rates fell off a cliff.

Yep, that was my impression from reading various sources, too.

quote:

In the game, air missions have a reduced chance to take place in bad weather, but that's about it.

Ok, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI