RE: I'm Impressed, and 10 Reasons Why (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

LarryP -> RE: I'm Impressed, and 10 Reasons Why (7/18/2011 2:02:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

Good job Matrix and Slitherine.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Well done Matrix and Slitherine.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Yep, playing for hours at a time, and not one ctd/lockup. Amazing programming Slitherine.

All credits to Slitherine and Matrix, but I find it a little sad to give them all the credit, when the game was actually developed by The Lordz Games Studio who are totally being ignored, especially when you consider that their own CEO replied to this thread.

Thanks again to Matrix and Slitherine! [&o]

phatkarp -> RE: I'm Impressed, and 10 Reasons Why (7/18/2011 5:33:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

I had enjoyed PG, and was briefly enamored of PG Forever, but it soon grew tiresome; is PC really that good?

I agree that PG Forever "grew tiresome." My big concern about PC was that I would feel a very dispiriting sense of deja vu.

I am pleased to report that the game is MUCH more fun than old PG or its clones. To the extent I feel a sense of deja vu, it's a good sense that reminds me of how I loved the original PG back in the day. The game is just much, much better than I expected.

RandomAttack -> RE: I'm Impressed, and 10 Reasons Why (7/19/2011 5:23:13 PM)

I'm about halfway through the 1939 Campaign, and MY favorite part is PC still has that PG "look and feel". Add to that how easy it is to mod, and no apparent bugs (and when is the last time THAT happened)-- what's not to like? I was really concerned originally as I played PG (in all its forms) for YEARS, and the "dust bin of remakes" is FULL of games that tried so hard they totally missed what made the game a success in the first place. Sticking to that takes a lot of discipline. You updated the graphics, tweaked the rules/engine, improved the AI, etc.-- but it is like seeing an old firend for the first time in years. He may have lost some weight, had some plastic surgery, gaduated from college-- but he's still essentially that same guy you partied with for so long. Well Done!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI