Version not compatible with 64bit... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support

Knavery -> Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 12:49:59 AM)

Hey folks --
I just purchased the game and am trying to install it on a Windows 64bit machine. I get the following error message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Please help! Thanks!

*Edit* This error occurs when I double-click the executable to install the game.

Tac2i -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 1:13:25 AM)

I installed to a Win7 64-bit PC and I haven't experienced any issues. Are you using Windows Server 2008? I think I read where someone else with that OS was having issues as well.

Knavery -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 1:14:06 AM)

Nope. Just Windows 7 (64bit) Home Edition.

*edit* I just re-downloaded and got the same error message.

willgamer -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 2:01:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavery

Nope. Just Windows 7 (64bit) Home Edition.

Exactly what I have; everything is working fine.

What directory are you installing the game to? In my case, I use other than the C drive and a folder that I created just for games.

I believe the defaults with the C drive could be a problem.

Knavery -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 2:05:50 AM)

Hey willgamer,
Honestly, I can't even get that far. It occurs when I double-click on the downloaded executable. I downloaded it again thinking it could have gotten corrupted, but no dice--same message.

When I check the compatibility by right-clicking on it, it says to run it in Win XP SP2 mode. I've even gone as far as to try that and nothing happens.

smjex -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 2:47:04 AM)

Have you tried running the setup file as an administrator? I also have 64-bit Win-7 and it installed without problem.

Knavery -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 2:59:39 AM)

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help. I downloaded it a third time and it worked. Even the icon looks different. That was definitely a good sign.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Version not compatible with 64bit... (7/17/2011 7:26:36 AM)

Sorry you had problems. That is really odd - all I can assume is the download was corrupt on the first 2 attempts.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI