Supernova picture (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Merker -> Supernova picture (7/19/2011 4:15:19 PM)

Yo, anyone ever seen this kind of supernova graphic before in DW vanilla or ROTS? I've seen this picture in the first game after patching to 1.0.7, no mods installed:
[image]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3107/newsupernova.jpg[/image]

Usually I get the contours only, not the explodey center

Cheers

Data -> RE: Supernova picture (7/19/2011 8:21:02 PM)

Yap, I've seen it in every game in every version I can remember....pretty sure about it also, I always like watching it

Baleur -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 12:25:35 AM)

Oh god how i wish the galaxy in Distant Worlds was dynamic. With blue & red supergiants eventually having a low chance of going nova, adding some dark clouds to the galaxy map.
As Data's signature states, igniting stellar cores..

Niaru -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 12:33:13 AM)

Interesting. I never see the star in the middle. Odd.

Kayoz -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 12:53:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

Oh god how i wish the galaxy in Distant Worlds was dynamic. With blue & red supergiants eventually having a low chance of going nova, adding some dark clouds to the galaxy map.

You'd have to play a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG game for it to happen. A few hundred million years might do it for you to see one, at realistic chances.

Data -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 7:36:29 AM)

hell yeah, Baleur, the universe is magnific and DW comes close to getting that feeling across.

Baleur -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 9:07:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz
quote:

You'd have to play a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG game for it to happen. A few hundred million years might do it for you to see one, at realistic chances.

But colonizing an entire galaxy in a few hundred years is realistic? :p

tjhkkr -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 9:28:07 PM)

quote:

Yeah, but with my luck, the star that goes supernova would be my home planet... [:D]
But yes, I agree.

Igard -> RE: Supernova picture (7/20/2011 10:36:50 PM)

The average for a supernova explosion in our galaxy is 1 every 50 years, so it's entirely possible to have supernovas and novas as random events in the game.

Of course, it's less likely that 1 of the 1400 stars in the game's galaxy will go nova. Compared to our galaxy which is estimated to have as many as 400 billion stars.

Tigan -> RE: Supernova picture (7/21/2011 10:37:46 AM)

Tjhkkr. Itīs not that unlikely to loose your homesystem by a supernova. This crap happened to me in "birth of the federation". I was playing as klingon and my only system went supernoca in turn 3 [:D].

But itīs a great idea. A changing universe would make the game much more intresting. Supernovas, planets changing their orbit, asteroid impacts, eco-catasterophis, pleagues....planetary earthquakes destroying your invrastructure......lucky as I am every negative event will trigger right after I press the start button [:D]

Data -> RE: Supernova picture (7/21/2011 10:41:11 AM)

Anyone remember the klingon moon splitting? [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: Supernova picture (7/21/2011 3:41:02 PM)

Are you talking about Praxis?

Data -> RE: Supernova picture (7/21/2011 4:02:49 PM)

Hell yeahh, thank you TJ....always a pleasure to see good memory from someone else. I lost faith in mine long ago [:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: Supernova picture (7/21/2011 9:54:35 PM)

Well we got the name... but um umm ummm Data you may need a memory check, because Praxis did not crack -- it sort of blew up... [sm=00000280.gif]

Data -> RE: Supernova picture (7/21/2011 10:13:04 PM)

Fortunatelly, that's not a memory problem but a non-english speaker expressing himself problem [:)]
Or that's my excuse, at least.

tjhkkr -> RE: Supernova picture (7/22/2011 12:52:12 AM)

Then I should shut up and forget about it -- my apologies... [8D]

Oh, and your English is better than mine is... so do not worry about it... [:)][8D][;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI