Wish me luck... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

JAMiAM -> Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 7:45:02 PM)

In about another half-hour, I'll be heading to the hospital to get a cataract surgery done on my right eye. I've been legally blind in the eye for the last year or two as the cataract has gotten progressively worse. It's supposed to be a fairly routine, and easy procedure, so hopefully I'll soon be able to play this game with both eyes, instead of looking like this...[;)]

If nothing else, I should have one less excuse to use in my delays to my opponents. Especially, PDH, who I've kept waiting way too long for his turn. Be seeing you!

RocketMan -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 7:50:09 PM)

I hope everything turns out well for you.

Helpless -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 7:52:55 PM)

quote:

I've been legally blind in the eye for the last year or two

Oh.. now I get it - this was the reason of all these false bug reports! ;)

Get well soon, James!

BleedingOrange -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 8:04:47 PM)

Hope things go well and for a quick recovery.

Klydon -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 8:24:16 PM)

Good luck bud and hope it all goes well for you. 

Flaviusx -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 8:26:45 PM)

Gee whiz, James. Take care of yourself.

Apollo11 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 8:43:19 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

In about another half-hour, I'll be heading to the hospital to get a cataract surgery done on my right eye. I've been legally blind in the eye for the last year or two as the cataract has gotten progressively worse. It's supposed to be a fairly routine, and easy procedure, so hopefully I'll soon be able to play this game with both eyes, instead of looking like this...[;)]

If nothing else, I should have one less excuse to use in my delays to my opponents. Especially, PDH, who I've kept waiting way too long for his turn. Be seeing you!

Best of luck James - fingers crossed!

Leo "Apollo11"

Theng -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 8:53:20 PM)

Good luck and speedy recovery.

bigbaba -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 9:48:19 PM)

wish you the best.

PeeDeeAitch -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 10:09:00 PM)

Hey, good luck.

Cataract in one eye? No wonder you kept driving me around in circles!

Scook_99 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 10:21:24 PM)

Good luck! May Providence smile in your direction.

Speedysteve -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/19/2011 10:25:15 PM)

Best of luck James. We'll be waiting for your return!

Wild -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/20/2011 2:57:34 AM)

Good Luck, Hope you can get back to playing soon.

JAMiAM -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/20/2011 4:24:07 AM)

Thanks all. So far, so good. It will be a while before my eyes are used to both working on the same image. Sort of like looking cross-eyed at the moment. Once the retina and optic nerve for my right eye get used to being able to see more than just a yellow blur, I should be as good as new. Well...as good as can be expected, at least.

I can tell already that the new artificial lens is brighter and clearer than my "good" eye. It seems that I have some minor cloudiness on the good (left) eye and will likely have to undergo the procedure again after it's clouded over enough to be legally blind in it, and thus covered by insurance. In the meantime, I need to practice focusing with the new eye.

Empire101 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/20/2011 4:36:02 AM)

Good Luck [:)]

Bourguignon -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/20/2011 6:40:45 AM)

good luck, et prompt rétablissement (And quick restoring)

Apollo11 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/29/2011 8:22:49 AM)

Hi all,

How did it go James?

Leo "Apollo11"

BletchleyGeek -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/29/2011 12:43:05 PM)

quote:

Good luck with the surgery James and get well soon. My father is going to undergone that same surgery in a few weeks.

JAMiAM -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/29/2011 4:25:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

How did it go James?

Leo "Apollo11"

It went well. My 'new' eye is, at various distances, better than my 'old' eye. The artificial lense is noticeably clearer than my remaining natural lense (it's beginning to get a little yellowish). However, I was expecting a clearer long distance focus than what I am getting. I think that I will have to do some exercising of the eye, in order to redevelop my long distance focus. At distances of 1.5-10 feet, it is crystal clear. Beyond that, I have to work the eye to focus. Under that, I still need to use 1.25 mag reading glasses.

Peltonx -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/29/2011 5:40:28 PM)

Good Luck.

PeeDeeAitch -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/29/2011 9:39:49 PM)

Remember to retreat in all PBEM games, and don't attack during blizzard. This will help your eye recover.

Scook_99 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/29/2011 10:03:09 PM)

Glad to see you are back in the saddle. Time to go herd them up on the border, or stampede east, as the case may be.

mmarquo -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/30/2011 12:23:16 AM)

All the best.

Marquo

Apollo11 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/31/2011 10:35:04 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Thanks all. So far, so good. It will be a while before my eyes are used to both working on the same image. Sort of like looking cross-eyed at the moment. Once the retina and optic nerve for my right eye get used to being able to see more than just a yellow blur, I should be as good as new. Well...as good as can be expected, at least.

I can tell already that the new artificial lens is brighter and clearer than my "good" eye. It seems that I have some minor cloudiness on the good (left) eye and will likely have to undergo the procedure again after it's clouded over enough to be legally blind in it, and thus covered by insurance. In the meantime, I need to practice focusing with the new eye.

Good news James! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: Wish me luck... (7/31/2011 10:36:44 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

How did it go James?

It went well. My 'new' eye is, at various distances, better than my 'old' eye. The artificial lense is noticeably clearer than my remaining natural lense (it's beginning to get a little yellowish). However, I was expecting a clearer long distance focus than what I am getting. I think that I will have to do some exercising of the eye, in order to redevelop my long distance focus. At distances of 1.5-10 feet, it is crystal clear. Beyond that, I have to work the eye to focus. Under that, I still need to use 1.25 mag reading glasses.

Opps... I didn't see you already gave stat info... sorry for doubling...

Glad that you are OK James (and that you will be back for more WitE testing)! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI