Engineers on Strike? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support

edsan -> Engineers on Strike? (7/20/2011 8:06:01 PM)

10 turns into a random game (started ATG as 2.06, went to 2.07) the engineers are no longer able to build roads or airfields.

I can't remember exactly when I upgraded to 2.07 or that the engineer problem coincided with the upgrade. They just don't "do it" anymore even with 50 engineers in a unit (all the engineer units on the map are the same).

Suggestions?

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/20/2011 8:07:32 PM)

Ore levels sufficient ?

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/20/2011 8:20:03 PM)

Ore levels sufficient ?

edsan -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/21/2011 1:47:27 PM)

I had originally selected "no" to oil/ore (like to keep it "simple"). So, I didn't watch it. And, you're right, it's zero. I missed seeing it mentioned for engineers in the manual

Don't fully understand it.....wanted it "off."

If I want to continue with this game I'll need to get going on oil and ore. [:(]

Josh -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/21/2011 2:03:36 PM)

Oh Ore and Oil add an extral layer of fun to the game. The AI has a major advantage there because it has lots of it, but still, it's an extra strategic decision layer added.
It's simple really. You want to build things? Then you need Ore. And certainly in the early stages of the game you have never enough of it. Sure you can upgrade your Ore mines, but that costs PP and that's scarce too! [:D]
Same with oil, you want nice and shiny stuff that impresses people, read tanks, ships and planes? Then you need oil to get them moving, and lots of it too.
Remember that when engineers (probably the most important troops in the game) build railroads they use up Ore too, not much, but again in the early stages you never seem to have enough of it... decisions decisions.
Your Capital *can* produce Oil and Ore, but only in small amounts. So if you start a game without that precious stuff you better order your Capital to produce some.
No Oil or Ore means producing foot/horse soldiers only, they scout for the mines, then you order your engineers to build a RR to that mine ASAP.

edsan -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/21/2011 2:09:58 PM)

"Thanks....I needed a little tutorial."

Vic -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/21/2011 5:25:34 PM)

I added the option no raw/oil in v2.06. I think this might be a bug in that it does not switch off the cost for road/bridge building. I'll check this out for v2.08.

thanks for reporting.

Best regards,
Vic

Josh -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/21/2011 5:37:08 PM)

Forgot to add that in plain ATG you don't need to actually build a RR to a mine to profit from it, all that is needed is that it is in your empire's boundaries. With that mod that's available (Lancer made it... if I'm correct) you do have to make a connection via a RR and/or ports to the Oil/Ore source. Much more like in real life, it has to be transported to your Capital/factories, whereas in vanilla ATG the Ore/Oil somehow magically transports itself to your Capital. No biggie, just another finesse added to a great game.

edsan -> RE: Engineers on Strike? (7/22/2011 2:12:11 PM)

For Vic, although I started the random game in 2.06 with raw/oil "off," after doing the upgrade to 2.07 and resuming the original random game the raw/oil were now "on."

It appears the new 2.07 did not carry over the raw/oil "off" selection from the random game's original setup in 2.06.

Thanks for closely monitoring the threads.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI