RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

the1sean -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/26/2011 6:19:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

These flags are execllent! Thank you very much!

Now does anyone know what numbers correspond to what colors? [:)]

Worked on this for my mod. It's been a while, but if my notes are correct then pretty sure the scheme is as follows:

0 - dark blue
1 - med blue
2 - light blue
3 - very light blue
4 - dark green
5 - med green
6 - light green
7 - greenish yellow
8 - yellow
9 - orange
10 - salmon
11 - maroon
12 - dark brown
13 - light brown
14 - tan
15 - purple
16 - royal purple
17 - violet
18 - pink
19 - flesh
20 - white

That should be it. Also, I made up the color names. You have been warned.

Matys -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 7:43:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Baleur, you can create a theme directory in the Customization folder and add
your wanted flags in a subdirectory named 'flagshapes'. Then just change to
that theme from the main menu. You will have to start a new game though.
You can also add a flagshapes subdirectory to any other Theme's directory
as well.

If you don't want to use a theme, backup your original main directory 'images\ui\flagshapes
subdirectory, then place your wanted flags there. They will overwrite any flags of the
same number of course, thus the reason for the backup in case you wish to return to the
originals. [:)]

I would not recommend using a theme for flag. The game would load all the new flags but the ingame editor still load and use the original flag set. So if you enter the editor, edit your race, your flag will automatically revert to the original flag. It happen even if you only add some money or change relations. Then, you can't revert back to the custom flag via the editor because it don't load custom flag.[:(]

So don't use custom flag in theme, because strange things seem to happen.

Igard -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 4:24:57 PM)

@the1sean, that corresponds with exactly what I have. Well, I've got bright red instead of salmon and dark red instead of maroon. [:)]

Igard -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 4:35:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matys

I would not recommend using a theme for flag. The game would load all the new flags but the ingame editor still load and use the original flag set. So if you enter the editor, edit your race, your flag will automatically revert to the original flag. It happen even if you only add some money or change relations. Then, you can't revert back to the custom flag via the editor because it don't load custom flag.[:(]

So don't use custom flag in theme, because strange things seem to happen.

Hi Matys. It's working fine for me. I've tried adding money to other races and my own race as well as change tech levels and no unusual effects.

Are you running the 1701 beta patch?

I think you should post this on the tech support forum.

Matys -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 6:35:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Hi Matys. It's working fine for me. I've tried adding money to other races and my own race as well as change tech levels and no unusual effects.

Are you running the 1701 beta patch?

I think you should post this on the tech support forum.

I feel stupid right now [:(]. It work if I restart the game after changing the theme. So, yeah, use the flag as theme. It is easier: no need to backup, easy to make change. If only I knew it when I was testing the flag...[:@]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 7:43:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matys

I feel stupid right now [:(]. It work if I restart the game after changing the theme. So, yeah, use the flag as theme. It is easier: no need to backup, easy to make change. If only I knew it when I was testing the flag...[:@]

Don't feel bad Matys, we forgive you! It's called DistantWorlditis, and it's infectious! [:D]

Igard -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 7:47:52 PM)

I think we can all understand, Matys. You're flagshapes are working beautifully BTW. [8D]

Baleur -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 9:10:40 PM)

Now, if there was only a way to mod in White as the main color of your flag :(

Igard -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/27/2011 11:10:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

I'd like to be able to do that, but in all honesty, I'd much rather work with simple jpegs or pngs.

Matys -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (11/28/2011 12:06:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

You just need to invert the color of the flag and chose white as the secondary color. But your empire color(on the map) will still be the primary color, not white.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

I'd like to be able to do that, but in all honesty, I'd much rather work with simple jpegs or pngs.

It will be great to have jpegs or pngs flag.

LordMM -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (8/23/2019 8:03:06 PM)

Anyway of updating this for Universe ? As Universe uses PNG, and does not seem to read these files..

EliphasTheInheritor -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (8/23/2019 9:37:19 PM)

Do it yourself, change the extension, it's the easiest thing you can do. [:)]

Retreat1970 -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (8/23/2019 10:06:02 PM)

An 8 year necro amazing.

LordMM -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (8/24/2019 8:54:17 PM)

Sorry for the dinosaur era necro, but it looses its transparency when i change the extension.
The flag Symbol at center is stuck at black color. I didn't realize this was a necro, this page comes up at top when i search "Distant Worlds Flags"

LordMM -> RE: Flag Pack V.2 (EVE, Star Trek and other) (8/25/2019 8:20:37 PM)

Hey Folks,

I finally found an amazing flag pack you can download here. Its in PNG format, so everything works perfect. [:)]
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3345000&mpage=1&key=�

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI