No of days to improve bases? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Fred98 -> No of days to improve bases? (10/16/2002 9:29:34 AM)

How long does it take to build up a base from one level to the next?

For example, I need to improve a base. I have 3 engineer units who can be transported to that base.

Given that I can use any unit individually, or any 2 of them or all 3 together;

-how long does it take to build an airfield from a size 2 to a size 3?
-how about from size 2 to size 4?

And the same question applies to naval bases and to fortifications.

Basically, I need to build up an air base / naval base / fortifications and then when they are ready I need to prepare an attack or defense.

I need to estimate how long construction will take so I can plan ahead.

I am aware that for example, it takes longer to build up from a level 4 to a 5 than from a size 3 to a size 4. But I still don’t know how long it actually takes.

tanjman -> Base Expansion (10/16/2002 7:12:38 PM)

Joe 98,

mikel posted a detailed description of the base expansion rates at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24862&highlight=base+expansion

:) Hope this answers your questions.

mikel -> (10/16/2002 8:09:14 PM)

Spooky has a more readable copy of the post on his site:

http://uncommon-valor.chez.tiscali.fr/

Strategy & Tactics FAQ/Guide

"Base Expansion"

Mike

Admiral_Arctic -> (10/17/2002 12:25:21 AM)

Historically, I think most bases were captured pretty much in tact. The Japs might have taken longer to get bases up to operational status, but that was because they were sloppy and disorganised. The US were quick to realise the value of getting bases working for them immediately. Placing demo charges under the runways would not slow down the getting base ready for ops. The biggest delay was clearing the forest, but that was already completed on airfields that were captured. Storage facilities would be brought forward like for any base building program.

(If you you want to remove the percentage completed on ports and airfields before you lose it, you can cycle through the building options and this removes the work level percentage.)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI