Screen Resolution After Beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Califvol -> Screen Resolution After Beta (7/26/2011 7:05:16 AM)

For each patch when applied I have kept my screen resloution the same as pre-batch and everything displayed the same.

In the beta it starts off as a 1/4 screen size display and requires some manual setting to get back to full screen, which frankly is 100% beyond my abilites.

When the beta becomes an offical patch and you load it into the active game system will it display the same as the current pre-beta version of the game the player has setup automatically or will they have to go in and do some setting changes just like the beta? (I.e. the patch will reset the display resolution of the game or make it necessary to reset in some fashion.)

This info makes a huge difference on whether or not to apply the patch onces it's the offical patch if you are inept around computers such as myself.

Thanks!

michaelm75au -> RE: Screen Resolution After Beta (7/26/2011 12:02:13 PM)

the beta creates its own shortcut icon in order to allow the old official version to run without interference.

bk19@mweb.co.za -> RE: Screen Resolution After Beta (7/26/2011 11:55:57 PM)

Actually, this 1/4 screen size thing is simple to alter.

If you right click the shortcut and select properties you get a dialog box popping up. Select the Shortcut tab and examine the content of the 'Target' field.

The production version contains the text "E:\Extended Disk\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific (Admirals Edition)\autorun.exe" (for my machine installation.
The beta2 version contains the text "E:\Extended Disk\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific (Admirals Edition)\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w

Notice the extra '-w' parameter.

I then created a duplicate test shortcut and set the Target field to "E:\Extended Disk\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific (Admirals Edition)\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w
Selecting this new short cut also bypasses the screen where you can get updates, start the game etcetera and starts the main game directly. It also starts the game in a windowed 1/4 size mode... which is triggered by the -w command line parameter.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI