RE: It's now September. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

rickier65 -> RE: It's now September. (9/18/2011 8:42:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

There was a misunderstanding, I meant: is it better to add new models like the SuG IV, III, StuH42, Nashorn, T-40, Churchill LL etc or to improve the Pz III series and the Shermans (both the 3d models and the skins)?
Regarding the corn grass I could try to make a dds file...

For me the answer is very clear. I would prefer improving the current vehicles, before adding new ones. At the same time I'm very concerned that all this work seems to rest on the shoulders of one dedicated and skilled person. And I'm already worried enough about this game...

Mobius, Spellir, and JMass have made quite a few models for the current version. I think Spellir is working on some models as well. Modelling does take a fair amount of time though.

Thanks
rick

junk2drive -> RE: It's now September. (9/18/2011 8:47:24 PM)

Benpark has made 3D trees and buildings too. Real life seems to get in the way a lot. Maybe winter will keep these guys in front of their screens.

JMass -> RE: It's now September. (9/19/2011 9:54:53 AM)

quote:

At the same time I'm very concerned that all this work seems to rest on the shoulders of one dedicated and skilled person.

I am more inclined to share my work with the community than the others, maybe, but I am not the only person to work on Ostfront. Anyway, my personal idea (but I am in a team and we should choose a common path) is to add some important models (StuG IV, III, StuH42, perhaps Nashorn and T-40 - I have a T-40 model ready but unskinned), and then to improve the Pz III series (Shermans could wait for next title...?).

benpark -> RE: It's now September. (9/19/2011 2:14:13 PM)

Sztartur, post a picture here of what type of corn/grass you are talking about and I'll see what I can do. I've spent a decent amount of time in Hungary (Budapest and all around Balaton primarily), so I know the general "lay of the land", but it would be good to have an image to start from.

benpark -> RE: It's now September. (9/19/2011 2:17:35 PM)

Also, no need to worry that JMass bears all the burden. We all have our specialties. Mine is primarily elements that go on the maps and creating them (and other things, but that's the gist of it). JMass is a genius at AFV creation, etc.

sztartur2 -> RE: It's now September. (9/19/2011 6:39:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: benpark

Sztartur, post a picture here of what type of corn/grass you are talking about and I'll see what I can do. I've spent a decent amount of time in Hungary (Budapest and all around Balaton primarily), so I know the general "lay of the land", but it would be good to have an image to start from.

Benpark,

I used your excellent "Mods/Benpark/Brushes/3DSunflower.dds" to make sunflower fields

I would like to do the same with autumn corn which looks like this. Thank you in advance!!!

[image]local://upfiles/7181/7564F139E8184FFF8441FE87C2EAB965.jpg[/image]

sztartur2 -> RE: It's now September. (9/19/2011 6:46:59 PM)

A good historical example . I promise not to hijack the topic any more...

[image]local://upfiles/7181/206D649D8D214EA9B6545CF911B1E945.jpg[/image]

benpark -> RE: It's now September. (9/19/2011 8:13:09 PM)

Sure thing. I'll try to do these this week.

sztartur2 -> RE: It's now September. (9/23/2011 5:23:17 PM)

So Gents? Is it going to take till October?

Mobius -> RE: It's now September. (9/23/2011 5:41:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur
So Gents? Is it going to take till October?

If so you will get a few more Hungarian houses.

sztartur2 -> RE: It's now September. (9/23/2011 5:58:56 PM)

Deal [8D]

rickier65 -> RE: It's now September. (9/23/2011 6:49:57 PM)

Just a short status report.

We just recieved another build and are testing it now. We might have another later this weekend. Hopeuflly we will have good news before the next status report!

thanks
rick

Jacko -> RE: It's now September. (9/23/2011 8:29:16 PM)

Thanks for the info, Rick. 

Jacko -> RE: It's now September. (10/2/2011 11:51:43 AM)

Any news yet? [>:]

rickier65 -> RE: It's now September. (10/2/2011 5:35:34 PM)

quote:

Sorry jacko, I was putting off posting a msg in the hope I would hear something this weekend, but I'm afraid I haven't any news.

Thanks
Rick

Eagle Strike -> It's now October (10/7/2011 9:43:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Sorry jacko, I was putting off posting a msg in the hope I would hear something this weekend, but I'm afraid I haven't any news.

Thanks
Rick

Thanks Rick for taking the time to post your reply's & keeping us informed. Some day sooner than later I hope... [sm=innocent0001.gif]

Jacko -> RE: It's now October (10/14/2011 8:05:33 AM)

Christmas would be nice. [:)]

rickier65 -> RE: It's now October (10/14/2011 5:15:41 PM)

Just a quick status update. We recieved another build from the programmer and we're testing it internally. There is still one other issue to resolve, though we are hopeful that it will be a fairly easy to resolve.

thanks
rick

rickier65 -> RE: It's now October (10/18/2011 10:18:07 AM)

Just a quick note to let you know that we're getting closer. We got another build today and have started testing it. Hopefully we'll have more to say later this week.

Thanks for your patience!
Rick

Mad Russian -> RE: It's now September. (10/18/2011 10:41:04 PM)

quote:

For me the answer is very clear. I would prefer improving the current vehicles, before adding new ones. At the same time I'm very concerned that all this work seems to rest on the shoulders of one dedicated and skilled person. And I'm already worried enough about this game...

Better vehicles or new ones? I'm not playing PCO for the graphics so, in a way, that's not what I'm here for. Are the graphics good enough now for me to play with. For the most part they are. There are some exceptions but I'm generally okay with the way the game looks.

Newer content. I like that idea. Axis Minors, completing the AFV OOB, Lend Lease, US Halftracks, those are things I'd like to see added for content reasons.

I'll take whatever the modders give me. I'm happy with either road they choose.

Worried about the game. That I'm not.

Good Hunting.

MR

rickier65 -> RE: It's now September. (10/22/2011 7:06:16 PM)

We have been working on this pretty heavily last few days and plan to continue testing over the weekend. Hopefully there will be more definitive news on the patch early next week.

Thanks
Rick

sevenpointsix2 -> RE: It's now September. (10/27/2011 12:45:58 PM)

This thread was started on July 26th, as much as I want to believe that the check is in the mail (official patch) I'm beginning to lose hope. [&:]

"Killing Me Softly With His Song - ROBERTA FLACK"

I heard he sang a good song
I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him
To listen for a while

====================

Erik Rutins -> RE: It's now September. (10/27/2011 2:10:13 PM)

It's not only in the mail, it should arrive this week. Sorry it has taken so long, we regret the delays more than anyone.

Regards,

- Erik

Jacko -> RE: It's now September. (10/27/2011 4:30:19 PM)

If it's good we forgive you....[:)]

Commanderski -> RE: It's now September. (10/27/2011 4:40:34 PM)

quote:

If it's good we forgive you....

They havent't dissapointed us yet...[:)] and the week is almost over....[:D]

Grim.Reaper -> RE: It's now September. (12/16/2011 11:34:06 AM)

Any word on when final patch will be done? This one seems to be hanging out there. Was going to try and get back into this game, but was preferring to wait until things finalized.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI