Kursk to Kharkov map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tombstone -> Kursk to Kharkov map (12/30/2000 8:31:00 AM)

I'm in the process of making a large four elevation colored bitmap of an area from Kursk in the north to some distance south of Kharkov. From it anyone could cut out a section that they want to use for SPWAW maps and have a reasonably accurate elevation map with rivers and roads and hopefully woods. Once I got the basics down would anyone be interested in participating? This could lead to an excellent resource for map making, and although most of my available data is in and around this very significant area of Russia it could be expanded to cover the epic struggles west of Moscow or who knows... Tomo

KG Erwin -> (12/30/2000 10:52:00 AM)

Ah, Tomo, I wish I could show you the map done for SPI's Kursk back in 1980. It's a beauty. This game is one of my prized possesssions, amongst the maps done for the various Stalingrad games of the early 80s. For SPWaW fans, the board game maps of that time offer invaluable information. If you have them, USE them!

Rhone -> (12/30/2000 11:41:00 AM)

Are they maps that you could take a picture of and put on a web site? That would be really fantastic to see (and allow others to use).

Tombstone -> (12/31/2000 7:05:00 AM)

They are bitmaps made in a format that allows easy use for SP series map making. Here's an example of what I have for my opening battle for SST at Kursk... ok. So I don't know how to show an image here. If someone knows how to show images on these things email me tmoriwak@flash.net and I'll email it to you so you can post it. Its real simple. It's small enough scale to be relevant to SPWAW and fun to do. Tomo

skukko -> (12/31/2000 7:22:00 AM)

Do you need help on that map?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI