(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Joel Billings -> (10/19/2002 4:32:02 AM)

We've all been very busy. My understanding about the 2.0 name is because David is having the manual updated with all of the changes since 1.0. Along with this he is remastering the CD so that future production runs will contain this version. We're pleased with sales and it appears that the inventory has run out again, so I know they are rushing to get the new CD made. The patch should be out within a matter of days.

The list of changes in the 2.0 is as follows (there may be a few more last minute items that I have missed):

1) The next/previous buttons for IJN carrier air groups should now work correctly in all instances.
2) The TF orders screen now shows the number of ships in the TF.
3) American dive-bomber groups, which begin the game on aircraft carriers, no longer increase their max ready size when transferred to a land base.
4) PT Boats don’t use fuel when set to patrol (if they don’t move out of their hex).
5) A nationality column has been added to the ship sunk display.
6) A message is now displayed when coast guns are attacking transports. The map is now centered and a naval gun icon is placed in the hex. Specific hits are not reported.
7) Air units on Port Attack will attack without a specific target assigned used to attack ground targets. Now they will attack a port.
8) Coastwatcher spotting is now reported in PBEM play.
9) A phantom mouse hotspot reporting a non-existent base in the upper left corner of the map has been eliminated.
10) Fuel and Cargo capacity should no longer appear on the same line in the ship detail screen.
11) A victory screen will now appear to report an IJN auto victory.
12) A stand down button has been added to the Secondary Mission list on the air unit orders screen. This will set a unit to the Training mission with 0%, thus resting the unit.
13) Duplication of P-39 units in the combat animation screen should no longer occur.
14) Sometimes transport task forces attempting to unload, especially at an invasion hex were not allowed to unload and head home, when they should be allowed to unload. Surface action task forces, carrier task forces or shore batteries may still chase off transport task forces, but if nothing untoward occurs, they will now be allowed to unload.
15) The F2 toggle, which has displayed shallow water hexes, now displays an ‘s’ for shallow water hexes and a ‘c’ for coastal hexes. Coastal hexes are considered to be shallow water hexes for all purposes, except that they contain some land. The player may now load and unload at any coastal hex, but not in a shallow water hex (by definition these contain no land).
16) It has been realized that instances of what appeared to be units suddenly appearing in an enemy base were caused by AI controlled TF’s picking up enemy units. This bug should have been fixed in version 1.40.
17) Casualties to ground units caused by air and naval bombardments have been reduced. Casualties to ground units caused by strafing aircraft have been greatly reduced.
18) Routine Convoys should no longer pick up ground troops.
19) IJN ASW effectiveness has been reduced by 50%.
20) Aircraft skip bombing or strafing TF’s should no longer overconcentrate on one ship.
21) A6M2’s now upgrade to A6M5’s instead of A6M3’s. Japanese aircraft at the start of the August 1, 1942 scenarios should now be A6M2’s instead of A6M3’s.
22) Ships were using a maximum of 900 op points to load troops (saving 100 for supplies). Now they can use up to 1000 op points to load troops if at a large enough port.
23) The bomb load out of Val’s and Judy’s have been changed (increased) and the range of Val’s has been shortened.
24) When the Japanese player captures Brisbane or Noumea, the artificial intelligence for the Allied player will no longer continue to send out routine supply missions and use Japanese ships, if they are in port.
25) The in game data base should no longer show American torpedo bombers using 250kg bombs for extended range missions, instead of 500lb bombs.
26) The bombing and general quarters sound should no longer play when a patrol plane spots and identifies a surface ship.
27) Subs should no longer fire torpedoes at barges and PT boats. They should surface to fire guns at barges.
28) Air units will not upgrade plane types until the number of new aircraft in the replacement pool amounts to 125% of the needed aircraft for the upgrade of an IJN unit and 133% of the needed aircraft for the upgrade of an Allied unit
29) Counter strikes by aircraft that originate at a carrier just sunk, should now function normally. They used to go to the combat animation screen but no actual combat would occur.
30) Noumea now provides automatic supply to bases that have a clear road path to it.
31) Damaged planes in an air group that is transferred will always cause a new sub group to be formed (they will not automatically merge with another air unit).
32) The effectiveness of LR-CAP over carrier TF’s has been reduced.
33) The aircraft loss screen now allows all aircraft losses to be shown.
34) The map is now centered and a naval gun icon is placed in the hex when a naval bombardment is in progress.
35) The scrollmouse function should work better than before, although it does not work perfectly in all situations.
36) The range circles for aircraft located on ships now function in the same fashion as range circles for land based aircraft.
37) AV airgroups should no longer grow so that they overload the AV.
38) TF’s that would sometimes get stuck and not move at all over several turns when trying to speed into their destination hex at night (like a minelaying TF with relatively little fuel) should no longer get stuck.
39) Allied ships will no longer arrive in Noumea when controlled by the Japanese player. Supplies and fuel will no longer arrive in Truk, Noumea, or Brisbane when controlled by the enemy.
40) Rule Clarification: Air groups on carriers will not receive replacements unless the carrier is at anchor or in a TF docked in a port.
41) Ground units should no longer be assigned to a base.
42) The AI should no longer move Northern Command units out of Australia.
43) Air units may no longer select Recon as a secondary mission.
44) After clicking on an option in the TF orders screen that would display a short message, the player could experience problems if they clicked on another option before the message finished. This problem has been fixed.
45) Warships in a TF should do a better job keeping submarines from executing attacks with guns on the surface.
46) Program now requires clean start for PBEM execution. If any other saves have been loaded or new campaigns started, before execution of PBEM, the program will now alert the player that "Security Procedures" require a program restart. This will resolve the VCR issue and tighten PBEM security some.
47) Player choice has been automatically changed to human vs. human, when a PBEM game was selected. This has confused some players. The program now remembers the last player choice made before a PBEM game is selected and returns to that choice, when the PBEM game is exited.
48) A method of changing the terrain while playing a game has been removed from the program.
49) Save files are now automatically compressed.

Matt Erickson -> (10/19/2002 4:39:56 AM)

I am playing a pbem game with 1.40 canI play it with the new patch?:confused:

Admiral DadMan -> WOW! (10/19/2002 4:42:17 AM)

Somebody was a busy beaver.

XPav -> (10/19/2002 4:45:19 AM)

Hooray!

I'd go out into the street and dance if I wasn't afraid that I would get run over.

One question though:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joel Billings
46) Program now requires clean start for PBEM execution. If any other saves have been loaded or new campaigns started, before execution of PBEM, the program will now alert the player that "Security Procedures" require a program restart. This will resolve the VCR issue and tighten PBEM security some.
[/B][/QUOTE]

How exactly does this work? If I do a "load combat replay", then a "load pbem turn", I assume that I won't have to restart. If I do a "load combat replay" followed by another "load combat replay" will this trigger the security procedure? Can I choose to ignore the restart? I don't get the VCR error very often, and never when watching 2 replays after the other.

Please advice, and great work!

Joel Billings -> (10/19/2002 6:02:00 AM)

Yes, you can continue your old PBEM games. As for exactly how 46 works, I'm not sure. Maybe Mike or one of the testers can chime in on this.

Erik Rutins -> As long as the cat's out of the bag... (10/19/2002 6:14:52 AM)

I should add the OOB changes from our hard-working data team, Rich, Ron and Gaylon. As with previous updates, the system changes are completely backwards compatible (as is the new file compression) but the data updates will only appear in scenarios started with 2.0.

Uncommon Valor OOB Changes

1) Increased Kongo class BB deck armor rating from 80 to 130.

2) Increased Nagato class BB deck armor rating from 125 to 150.

3) Modified D3A Val as follows: Decreased cruise speed from 214 to 184, increased maneuver from 22 to 24, decreased endurance from 330 to 300, added two 60 kg bomb to external bomb load. Changes altered normal radius from 392 to 307, and extended radius from 294 to 230. Hard coding to provide 250 kg bomb + two 60 bombs at normal radius, and 250 kg bomb at extended radius.

4) Modified D4Y Judy as follows: Decreased cruise speed from 295 to 265, increased endurance from 200 to 220. No significant changes to normal radius or extended radius.

5) Modified B5N Kate as follows: Decreased max speed from 235 to 229, decreased cruise speed from 189 to 159, increase endurance from 330 to 350. Changes altered normal radius from 347 to 309, and extended radius from 260 to 232.

6) Modified B6N Jill as follows: Decreased cruise speed from 237 to 207, increased endurance from 270 to 350. Changes altered normal radius from 356 to 403, and extended radius from 267 to 302.

7) Modified SB2C Helldiver as follows: Increased max speed from 270 to 281, increased endurance from 300 to 380. Changes altered normal radius from 313 to 397, and extended radius from 235 to 298.

8) Changed aircraft 35 from Ki-43-Ia Oscar to Ki-43-Ib Oscar as “b” was more common type in theatre. This changes second 7.7mm Type 89 MG to 12.7mm Ho-103 MG.

9) Adjusted aircraft carrier deck armor ratings as follows:

Class Name Current Deck Armor Rating Altered Deck Armor Rating
Akagi 25 50
Kaga 25 35
Soryu 25 25
Hiryu 25 25
Shokaku 98 65
Junyo 5 5
Hosho 0 0
Ryujo 10 10
Zuiho 5 5
Ryuho 10 10
Lexington 50 50
Yorktown 37 35
Wasp 37 25
Essex 75 50
Independence 50 50
Victorious 75 110

10) Adjusted bomb names, effects, and penetration ratings as follows:

Device Name Current Effect Current Pen Altered Device Name Altered Effect Altered Pen
30 kg Bomb 66 16 30 kg GP Bomb 66 11
60 kg Bomb 132 33 60 kg GP Bomb 132 22
100 lb Bomb 100 25 100 lb GP Bomb 100 17
250 lb Bomb 250 60 250 lb GP Bomb 250 45
500 lb Bomb 500 125 500 lb GP Bomb 500 85
1000 lb Bomb 1000 250 1000 lb GP Bomb 1000 170
2000 lb Bomb 2000 500 2000 lb GP Bomb 2000 340
4000 lb Bomb 4000 1000 4000 lb GP Bomb 4000 670
100 kg Bomb 220 55 100 kg AP Bomb 150 55
250 kg Bomb 551 140 250 kg AP Bomb 370 140

11) Updated Allied aircraft carrier weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to number and location of 1.1” guns, 40 mm guns, 20 mm guns, and .50 cal MG. Changed Victorious class name to Illustrious. Thanks to Ron for the research.

12) Added 4.5in/45 QF Mk I Gun to slot 151 of device data. This gun is utilized in the Illustrious class CV main armament. Thanks to Ron for the research.

13) Updated Allied battleship weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to size and caliber of some guns, number and location of 40 mm guns, 20 mm guns, and 5 inch guns. Changed Maryland class name to Colorado. Thanks to Ron for the research.

14) Updated Australia, Leander, and Arunta class weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to location, number, size and caliber of some guns. Thanks to Ron for the research.

15) Updated Japanese destroyer class weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to location, number, size and caliber of some guns. Thanks to Gaylon for the research.

Regards,

- Erik

pasternakski -> Yeah, baby (10/19/2002 6:53:56 AM)

I continue to marvel at the degree of support given this game by Matrix/2by3. I suspect that they are as fond of it as we are.

And no wonder. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has ever tried to create something like this (let alone extend it onward to such an undertaking as WITP - not to mention the Mediterranean theater game I so earnestly hope to see). And nothing in the computer wargaming world has ever come close to being as successful.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Just one question. Is there any way those of us who have owned the game from the beginning can get our hands on the remastered CD for cheap?

Admiral DadMan -> Re: As long as the cat's out of the bag... (10/19/2002 7:46:46 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]I should add the OOB changes from our hard-working data team, Rich, Ron and Gaylon...

...Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]Excellent, but Rich told me that the OOB stuff I gave him a month ago would also make it.

Instead of rehashing, here's the thread:[URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25704]Curious if The Following Have Been Addressed... [/URL]

Some of them were already taken care of, like Halsey's role, Scott and Callaghan KIA, as well as [I]AKAGI[/I]'s skipper.

Things I see still outstanding:[list]
  • Jocko Clark to be demoted at least to Capt.
  • Marc Mitscher promoted to RAdm
  • Forrest P. Sherman CO of WASP (not Fredrick C. Sherman CO/ LEXINGTON or Reeves who was promoted before deployment to SOPAC)
  • The 2 G. Davis's
  • The LEXINGTON class AA issue
  • CV-10 BON HOMME RICAHRD available in PH for deployment
  • CV-16 CABOT available in PH for deployment
    [/list]

• rlc27 -> (10/19/2002 7:55:10 AM)

pasternakski,

I'm curious about the source of your signature? That's pretty clever, but oddly terrifying.

Erik Rutins -> Response.. (10/19/2002 7:55:33 AM)

Admiral,

That may not be the absolute final list - it's the latest I had handy, but I know for a fact I've had Mitscher and Reeves commanding my TFs lately and Lexington's AA is definitely updated so those at least are in there. :)

Go with what Rich said over what I posted, would be my bet.

Regards,

- Erik

Sabre21 -> (10/19/2002 8:07:25 AM)

Well...after having played this game for so long..I find myself compelled to continue to do so long after many other games I have owned just collect dust.

I can hardly wait for WitP, the grandaddy of all naval campaigns, I will definitly support a Mediterranian version of UV. After all that, you guys will have to remake North Atlantic 86:)

Sabre21

Admiral DadMan -> Re: Response.. (10/19/2002 9:00:21 AM)

[B]Admiral,

That may not be the absolute final list - it's the latest I had handy, but I know for a fact I've had Mitscher and Reeves commanding my TFs lately and Lexington's AA is definitely updated so those at least are in there. :)

Go with what Rich said over what I posted, would be my bet.

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]Excellent. I'll have a look-see. Let me re-iterate that even if those changes didn't make the update, the list of what did is quite impressive.

Good work men.

pasternakski -> (10/19/2002 9:26:20 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rlc27
    [B]pasternakski,

I'm curious about the source of your signature? That's pretty clever, but oddly terrifying. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ooh, I'm flattered like a 16-year-old girl in her prom dress told by her lecherous uncle that she looks pretty ...

That is a quatrain from the lyrics of a song ("Far Too Wise") I wrote in honor of the century change. It tries to be rather Dylanesque, with folk finger-style 12-string guitar and a harmonica interlude backing it. The whole is, if you're still interested:

It was fourscore and seven years ago
    I cursed the grave of Edgar Allen Poe
    Accusing him of giving far less than he owed
    When he wrote like he knew so much more than I know.

'Cause now Mao Tse Tung guards those pearly gates
    And he has no key for souls who hesitate.
    We must rush the walls again and curse that turn of fate
    That left us far too wise for any garden to educate.

I learned so well what you lose and gain
    When you measure your life out grain-by-grain,
    Remembering always when they're passing around the blame
    That justice never was the object of that game.

And, now, Ho Chi Minh guards those pearly gates
    So let's rush the walls again and curse that turn of fate
    That turned us into the men whom others just love to hate.

So, come ride with me, my name is Dysentery,
    meet my friends, Rat, Slim, and Ares.
    We expect a strong market in the 21st century.
    Now, run along to school and let 'em teach you how to be like me.

'Cause now Josef Stalin guards those pearly gates
    That left us far too wise for any god to educate.

Well, they're coming now to give you another shot
    Saying, "Seek not lest ye be sought."
    That's the motto under which all their little wars are fought.
    Ain't it hard now to see that it all went for nought?

Because now Ho Chi Minh guards those pearly gates
    That left us far too wise for any garden to educate
    And turned us into the men whom others just love to hate.

Oleg Mastruko -> (10/19/2002 10:10:00 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
    [B]

That is a quatrain from the lyrics of a song ("Far Too Wise") I wrote in honor of the century change. It tries to be rather Dylanesque, with folk finger-style 12-string guitar and a harmonica interlude backing it. The whole is, if you're still interested:
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow! Where can we dload an MP3? :D

O.

rlc27 -> ooooh, I like it! (10/19/2002 12:21:15 PM)

That is amazing. It *does* sound Dylanesque, and I can picture someone playing that on a boom box inside a scarred UH-1 as it flies low over the Ho Chi Minh trail, or a bunch of LSDed hippies lounging around in haze with that in the background. I can*Not*, however, hear that being played on the deck of the Akagi! (We're too busy doing kendo here, thanks.)

I second the motion for an MP3.

:)

Nikademus -> oooooooo! (10/19/2002 1:58:11 PM)

i'm salivating......the keyboard is shorting out from the salivating

Great list....cant wait to put the new patch through it's paces.....lots of improvements.....even the bombs have been addressed somewhat (happy! happy! joy! joy!)

alas.....the penetration ratings are still too high......but its a start! ;)

one last nikpit....Nagato should be further increased to at least 175mm max deck armor.

'scuse me now while i dance a little jig in Matrix/2b3's honor. :D

McDuck -> (10/19/2002 2:18:19 PM)

Hi All , Nice song ! Great to read about all the upcoming refinements and changes to the OOB's . One small question - is that just a typo where the normal and extended ranges are switched or .... ? adios ... HMcS

Apollo11 -> One OOB question... (10/19/2002 2:55:40 PM)

Hi all,

[B]I should add the OOB changes from our hard-working data team, Rich, Ron and Gaylon. As with previous updates, the system changes are completely backwards compatible (as is the new file compression) but the data updates will only appear in scenarios started with 2.0.

Uncommon Valor OOB Changes

1) Increased Kongo class BB deck armor rating from 80 to 130.

2) Increased Nagato class BB deck armor rating from 125 to 150.

8) Changed aircraft 35 from Ki-43-Ia Oscar to Ki-43-Ib Oscar as “b” was more common type in theatre. This changes second 7.7mm Type 89 MG to 12.7mm Ho-103 MG.

9) Adjusted aircraft carrier deck armor ratings as follows:

Akagi 25 50
    Kaga 25 35
    Soryu 25 25
    Hiryu 25 25
    Shokaku 98 65
    Junyo 5 5
    Hosho 0 0
    Ryujo 10 10
    Zuiho 5 5
    Ryuho 10 10
    Lexington 50 50
    Yorktown 37 35
    Wasp 37 25
    Essex 75 50
    Independence 50 50
    Victorious 75 110

11) Updated Allied aircraft carrier weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to number and location of 1.1” guns, 40 mm guns, 20 mm guns, and .50 cal MG. Changed Victorious class name to Illustrious. Thanks to Ron for the research.

12) Added 4.5in/45 QF Mk I Gun to slot 151 of device data. This gun is utilized in the Illustrious class CV main armament. Thanks to Ron for the research.

13) Updated Allied battleship weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to size and caliber of some guns, number and location of 40 mm guns, 20 mm guns, and 5 inch guns. Changed Maryland class name to Colorado. Thanks to Ron for the research.

14) Updated Australia, Leander, and Arunta class weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to location, number, size and caliber of some guns. Thanks to Ron for the research.

15) Updated Japanese destroyer class weapon data. Miscellaneous items update includes changes to location, number, size and caliber of some guns. Thanks to Gaylon for the research.

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]

Erik (and others in hard working Matrix/2By3 team) can you
    please confirm that (out of your list) the above changes will
    only happen when we start new campaigns and that other
    stuff you listed (i.e. the items I didn't quote above) will work
    even with old campaigns?

Thanks in advance!

Leo "Apollo11"

Mike Wood -> (10/19/2002 3:59:30 PM)

Hello...

We were careful to make the executable backwardly compatible. The data base changes will only occur in games that are started after you apply the patch.

Have Fun...

Michael Wood

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt Erickson
    [B]god I hope I can port it to my exisiting pbem game:confused:

Please Please Please! [/B][/QUOTE]

Mike Wood -> (10/19/2002 4:26:40 PM)

Hello...

When ever you wish to execute the combat phase in a PBEM game, such as when you are Japanese and wish to execute the combat phase or are either player and wish to watch the VCR replay, you will need to restart the game. Otherwise, the saved game will not load. The procedure is as follows:

1) Japanese player does orders and saves game (which is now automatically compressed, so no PKZipping).

2) Allied player loads save, does orders and sends back to Japanese player.

3) Japanese player starts program, loads save and executes. He may then do as he pleases and at some point saves and sends VCR and saved game to Allied player.

4) Allied player starts program, loads and playes VCR. He may then do as he chooses.

Note that the two times the player must start a fresh game is when the Japanese player wishes to execute combat phase #3 and when any one wants to see VCR. This removes a couple security probelms that no one but me knows about and insures all VCR replays look exactly the same. If you wish to view the VCR repaly more than once at a sitting, you will need to retart the program each time.

None of the above rules apply to any games, except PBEM games.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by XPav
    [B]Hooray!

I'd go out into the street and dance if I wasn't afraid that I would get run over.

One question though:

How exactly does this work? If I do a "load combat replay", then a "load pbem turn", I assume that I won't have to restart. If I do a "load combat replay" followed by another "load combat replay" will this trigger the security procedure? Can I choose to ignore the restart? I don't get the VCR error very often, and never when watching 2 replays after the other.

Please advice, and great work! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ross Moorhouse -> (10/19/2002 7:00:52 PM)

Now that Joel has told you all what is going to be in 2.0, who can guess what feature I was referring too ? :cool:

tanjman -> What about the Editor? (10/19/2002 7:11:49 PM)

Will the missing editable field in the pilot data (unable to assign pilot as a leader) be fixed in this patch?

I hope that the WitP editor (when released) will work/be modified to work with UV. Please! Pretty please with sugar on top?

As for the rest of the 2.0 UV patch, BZ to Matrix and 2by3!! Thanks guys.

Von Rom -> Great Work (10/19/2002 11:12:51 PM)

Just a few comments:

1) Matrix/2by3 - thanks for these changes. Your dedication shines through. Matrix don't let 2by3 get away - you guys have found a winning formula :)

2) I also hope the WiTP editor will be backward compatable with UV.

3) Great lyrics to that song. You have an ear for writing. I'd like to hear that song played one day.

4) A few changes I'd still like to see:

* Jap PG durability reduced

* Allied PT Boats MGs and 20mm guns should not damage ships in the DD class and above

* More info on units when we pause the mouse button over them

Great work!

Cheers :D

foliveti -> Surprise New Feature (10/20/2002 4:11:53 AM)

Ross,

I am guessing that the surprise new feature from the 2.0 patch is the revised manual. Do I win the car?

Frank

pasternakski -> (10/20/2002 4:32:09 AM)

Thanks for the compliments on my lyrical ability, guys. I don't want to clutter up this thread with any self-centered junk (I just wanted to satisfy ric27's curiosity). Tell you what I'll do. I'll hustle together an audio file and post it on a new thread in Art of Wargaming. I'll even throw in a few other fuzzy warbles ... talkin' about the girl who tells you a sad, sad tale in her kiss ... the girl who gave away her innocence precious stone by precious stone ... the kind of life it is that makes a boy say goodbye to invisible friends and become a man, when all friends are invisible then ... the song of the common soldier ... the Frenchwoman in the harbor who longs for love but has no partner ... how when a man invents wings and spreads them to fly he becomes one with the wind but earns the eternal hatred of the sky ... how I went out for some sport fishing, just my friend Queequeg and me ... a wish that your life will be sung in song while mother nature sings along ...

and other spurious crap. Hold on 'cause beauty's on its way, a watercolor ending to a stained-glass day.

Meanwhile, back at patch 2.0, I'm guessing that we're gonna get to - um - can I use a lifeline? - aaah, um - errrr - assign repair priorities to damaged ships in port?

LargeSlowTarget -> Surprise feature (10/20/2002 6:41:40 AM)

Clean start PBEM security ... no, stand down button for a/c ... wait, can I buy an 'e'?

Caltone -> Re: As long as the cat's out of the bag... (10/20/2002 9:08:04 AM)

[B]
    Hosho 0 0

Regards,

- Erik
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh heh, poor little Hosho

Not sure why this struck me as funny, it just did :D

Thanks for all the tremendous work guys, I'mm looking forward to this patch and then to WITP. Regarding the change to Val and Kate ranges, what does this mean in terms of hexes?

cptharper -> (10/20/2002 10:46:42 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
    [B]Now that Joel has told you all what is going to be in 2.0, who can guess what feature I was referring too ? :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

The new feature increases realism by simulating the journalist that all good USMC units have with every fire-team, so we'll now see carefully edited films of ground battles, clearly showing the Marines single-handedly winning the war?

Or perhaps the Japanese air-crews now have new morale ratings and the probability of some Kamikaze or at least "one-way" missions?

Michael Walker -> Release date (10/20/2002 11:34:17 PM)

Is it possible at this point to indicated at least a general time frame for the release of v 2.0? I'm involved with a player who wants to restart our game and am inclined to avoid the big campaign until v 2.0 comes out. Of course, if we're talking about more than a month or so, we might choose otherwise.

Thanks,

Mike

Von Rom -> Re: Release date (10/20/2002 11:54:40 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Michael Walker
    [B]Is it possible at this point to indicated at least a general time frame for the release of v 2.0? I'm involved with a player who wants to restart our game and am inclined to avoid the big campaign until v 2.0 comes out. Of course, if we're talking about more than a month or so, we might choose otherwise.

Thanks,

Mike [/B][/QUOTE]

I think Joel mentioned that patch v 2.0 should be out in a matter of days. It might be worth the wait. . .

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI